What reflector to use for PT Apex?

LA OZ

Enlightened
There is a long thread on modding the PT Apex. The recommended reflector from Fenix store is no longer available. What other reflector that could fit into the PT Apex?

TMorita

Enlightened
There is a long thread on modding the PT Apex. The recommended reflector from Fenix store is no longer available. What other reflector that could fit into the PT Apex?

I've used an McR20 Seoul, which requires some modding.

I've also used the reflector from a PTec Blast, which requries about an hour of work with a file, but is only $5.

Toshi

LA OZ

Enlightened
I will do some searching for the McR20 Seoul. I was wondering have anyone spray the original black plastic reflector with gold or silver paint? It should be simpler and may work as well.

Enlightened
I bought a reflector and P4 from PhotonFanatic. I got the neutral white which unfortunately, is still a bit bluish for my taste. If I had it to do over I would probably go with the warm white tint.

Anyways, the reflector I got was an MCR20 but it is too tall to fit in there correctly. I used a dremel to shave it but I didn't get it flat. A better solution would be to just get a sanding disc for a drill or a belt sander and hold the reflector against that to smoothly and flatly shave a few MM off the wide end.

Last edited: