4D Mag Mod Suggestions

allburger

Enlightened
I recently picked up two 4D mag lights. I am planning on modding them. Either a hotwire incan or an LED, i havent decided yet because i'm not entirely sure of the options that have been done. I plan on keeping one for myself and giving the other away as a gift.

I have searched the forum to find that there isnt much info out there on the 4D platform.

I am thinking either a multi led, or a single led. Either way. Or my other option is a hotwire incan.

What i don't want to do is buy a mag drop in, or a terralux drop in, or any drop in for that matter. Im ready to see what i'm made of.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Gunner12

Flashaholic
$50 would barely be enough for a ROP mod.

You should be able to get a single LED mod with $50 though. MultiLED mods might be possible if you buy parts from Dealextreme and Kaidomain. You would have to find a suitable heatsink though(metal plumbing?).

allburger

Enlightened
well i just build my first rop last week out of a 2d. So im trying to stay away from that. I might go ahead and try the single led mod because i can use the stock reflector which would save a couple bucks. Any suggestions of how to do something like that?

allburger

Enlightened
has anyone had good success with an mr16 mag??? is there any out there that have a heavy stipple or mop reflector instead of the faceted style i see in most???

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can search for mr16 lamps and you'll find a lot of types...

if you want to power up an mr16 you need a battery adapter 12AA>4D, a KIU socket and a glass lens if you want to use a reflectorized lam without a lens. do not frget that this type of lamp have an high drow and you may need to buy some high drain batts like elite 1700.

good job!