New 3 Cree light only $35!

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, I have no relationship with kaidomain. I was just browsing and noticed what seems to be a really good deal on a flashlight.

UltraFire WF-500 3Cree

(Moderator note: Hot linking pics not allowed IAW CPF Rules. Pics removed.)

Link to the light: http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=4281

So what do you guys thingk? What kind of bulbs? P4's most likely? What kind of lumen output? P4's max out at like 120? or 150? I forget. Anyone want to make any further guesses, or can someone find the facts?

I'm very interested in this light and just might buy it. It's cheaper than any other 3/4 cree light by $5+

-Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

jufam44

Enlightened
This might or might not belong in the Good Deals forum of CPFMP-just a heads up in case the Mod's move it. It looks like a solid light, but from the images (i guess there's nothing to compare it to in terms of scale) i don't see how 2x18650's would fit in it...

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights can take either 18500 or 18650 batteries. THere is an extension tube in the photo. You should also keep photos to 800 x 600.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I was looking at that light, but went with a 6P instead... replacement parts are just a domestic phone call and 300 miles away. But for the $$$ I think it would be hard to beat.

generic808

Enlightened
I'm very curious about this light too. Hey, for $35, you really can't go wrong. I may just have to order one of these!

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
I have this one, the driver board failed after a couple of months light use, even after sorting out the abysmal thermal path. IIRC quite a few people had the driver pcb fail after hardly any use. I rewired mine to run the leds 3 in series and dd it off 3xrcr123 as a single mode light by unscrewing the extension. as standard it runs the leds in parallel. 1 for low, 2 for med 3 for high.

glenda17

Enlightened
I have this one, the driver board failed after a couple of months light use, even after sorting out the abysmal thermal path. IIRC quite a few people had the driver pcb fail after hardly any use. I rewired mine to run the leds 3 in series and dd it off 3xrcr123 as a single mode light by unscrewing the extension. as standard it runs the leds in parallel. 1 for low, 2 for med 3 for high.

Thankyou for this info.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
So would the MX power be a more solid light? Also usually DX and Kai's prices are about the same. But $35 vs $46 is a huge difference... Anyone ever had any luck with DX's Price Match?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xak, what's the heatsinking like on it? It'd be interesting to mod to run at 1A and 4 Q5's.... :)

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened

Xak

Enlightened
Xak, what's the heatsinking like on it? It'd be interesting to mod to run at 1A and 4 Q5's.... :)

There is a long thread about it in this section. There are many pictures and talk about mods. The newer ones (like mine) are now shipping with slightly brighter Crees.

I don't plan on taking mine apart or trying to drive the LEDs real hard. The light is super bright and tweeking it a bit more doesn't interest me. I have a small LED light that I use at work (paramedic) with high and low modes for inside buildings/vehicles, etc. This one is for outside emergencies and is perfect.

It's funny to see cops shining their similar sized lights around and the look on their face when this thing lights up. :cool: I'm sure their lights are a bit more durable and I certainly wouldn't trust my life on this one, but I bet it would handle a considerable amount of abuse. It is a lot more substantial and well made than I thought it would be. Worth way more than what I paid for it!