I would get a Fenix L1D if it worked like an L0D

LedOrDie

Newly Enlightened
I tried an L1D and hated the flimsy switch on the back. I wish they would come out with an L1D that worked like an L0D - the twisting of the barrel to control the modes feels solid.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I suppose I get your point about the switch but do you honestly feel it's flimsy or do you just hate switches?

I like my L1D a lot!

P1 does what you want but it makes you use 123 battery.

I'm not aware of another twist head AA besides my CMG Infinity.

You MIGHT want to check out (shoot - dang brain) well someone will help out here. They make aluminum. brass and SS lights with twist heads.

sawlight

Enlightened
I suppose I get your point about the switch but do you honestly feel it's flimsy or do you just hate switches?

I like my L1D a lot!

P1 does what you want but it makes you use 123 battery.

I'm not aware of another twist head AA besides my CMG Infinity.

You MIGHT want to check out (shoot - dang brain) well someone will help out here. They make aluminum. brass and SS lights with twist heads.

Peak?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you ever consider a Olight T15 instead of the Fenisx L1D? The build quality of Olight is excellent. It runs on a single AA cell. It has a twisty head like the Fenix that allows you to select from 5 output levels. It then remembers that level when you turn the light off and back on again. Unlike the LOD, however, it does have a clicky (reverse) to turn the light on and off. You do that with a full press or with partial presses select strobe and SOS modes. The clicky is far from flimsy. (In fact, some people find it a bit stiff.) The clicky is recessed so the light can be used as a candle. You can also buy a separate body tube and run the light with a Lithium CR123 cell if you want. In that regard it is like the 4 in 1 from Fenix which gives you the L1D and P2D combination but costs less,

(The twisy head on the Olight is so much like the Fenix, the circuit boards look extremely similar like they were made with commnon parts.)

gunga

Flashaholic
Just a quick comment.

After trying out the Olight T10/T15, I have to say, it's quite good!

A different beam (much more spotty, throwy) than the Fenix, and quite a different UI.

Overall, I'd say it's a great alternative if you don't like half-presses to change modes. Nicely built light, a solid alternative.

gorkon

Newly Enlightened
Not trying to be smart, but how about using the L1D tailcap as a twisty? Leave the switch on, then tighten and loosen the tailcap like LOD. It's the best of both worlds...

cv3po

Banned
Not trying to be smart, but how about using the L1D tailcap as a twisty? Leave the switch on, then tighten and loosen the tailcap like LOD. It's the best of both worlds...

I'd considered that at one time but not owning an L1D have a couple of questions. First off, it's not meant as a twisty so is there something in the tailcap that will wear out quickly................. like a connection? Second, and I'm sure it does, but it will allow you to switch modes correct? Thanks for any and all info :wave: