• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Milky L1x "EXTREME" *SOLD*

mbely2

Enlightened
For Sale is the old style (with four flats) Milky L1x "EXTREME" with:

- "MadMax plus" upgraded board for higher output with 60 min. regulated high beam;

- Smooth reflector (IMS20cut) for all-purpose beam with a little more intensity in the hotspot for a little extra throw;

- The LED is SSCP4 USWOH Seoule;

This L1x is very bright, and has pleasant to the eyes creamy white tint, typical for Seoule USWOH bin. It makes really useful all-purpose wide beam with bright corona and pronounced hot spot. Makes decent throw as well.

The light is an excellent condition, never carried, dropped or scratched, no handling marks - just as received from the Milky labs. It comes in original Surefire box with Surefire battery and all the papers.

MLx_2.jpg

MLx_1.jpg

ML1x_1.jpg

ML1x_2.jpg

Price is $249.00 **SOLD**. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation is included in this price. I can ship to USA address only

Not to be held responsible for package lost in the mail.
If you like your shipping insured, please add $5.00

I prefer PayPal, but will also accept Postal Money Order. If paid by PayPal, please add 3%. CC PayPal is fine.

First unconditional "I'll take it" posted in this thread gets priority.

At this time I am not interested in any trades.

Thank you for looking,

Mark

Last edited:

mbely2

Enlightened
Re: FS: Milky L1x "EXTREME"

Smokelaw1,

Yes, Ml1 operates on a single 123 primary, and this particular ML1x with it's upgraded MM+ board will handle any single rechargeable as well ... if it fits in the body.

According Milky, with stock curciut overall output will be roughly 100 lumens on high beam.

I don't know exact numbers for upgraded (MadMax +) board, but having both standard and upgraded ML1, I can say that upgraderd is MUCH brighter. So, if "standard" high output is about 100 lumen, "upgraded" should be about 150-160 lumens. Hope someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I am wrong with this estimate.
According Milky, it should give you about 60 minutes of bright regulated output, gradual dimming after that, and eventually many hours of low-level light. The low beam will run for 100+ hours.

Mark

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Smokelaw1,

Yes, Ml1 operates on a single 123 primary, and this particular ML1x with it's upgraded MM+ board will handle any single rechargeable as well ... if it fits in the body.

According Milky, with stock curciut overall output will be roughly 100 lumens on high beam.

I don't know exact numbers for upgraded (MadMax +) board, but having both standard and upgraded ML1, I can say that upgraderd is MUCH brighter. So, if "standard" high output is about 100 lumen, "upgraded" should be about 150-160 lumens. Hope someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I am wrong with this estimate.
According Milky, it should give you about 60 minutes of bright regulated output, gradual dimming after that, and eventually many hours of low-level light. The low beam will run for 100+ hours.

Mark

Hi guys. The MM+ circuit is a funny animal... the exact output will vary a bit based on condition of the cell and whether you use a primary 123 or a rechargeable RCR123... output range could be anywhere from 600mA through 1000mA, or possibly a little higher. For estimation purposes I typically assume a primary 123 will generate 700mA output current while a rechargeable RCR123 will generate 900mA output current... these estimates seem to be reasonable for most cases.

At 700mA output, the emitter in this ML1 should generate approx. 170 lumens.

At 900mA output, the emitter in this ML1 should generate approx. 204 lumens.

This light has a smooth reflector and dual AR-coated ultra-clear lens. I've found an 85% conversion factor for an LED in this sort of configuration to work pretty well in the past. Based on this, the estimated TORCH LUMENS (in other words, OUT THE FRONT OF THE LIGHT, not simply from the emitter itself) should be somewhere in this vicinity...

Using primary 123: 145 lumens (approx. runtime 60 minutes)
Using rechargeable RCR123: 173 lumens (approx. runtime 35-40 minutes)

Low beam should run for a very long time, in fact, longer than I've ever had the patience to measure exactly... 72 hours is probably a decent estimate and may actually be a little too conservative. ;)

mbely2

Enlightened

Hi guys. The MM+ circuit is a funny animal... the exact output will vary a bit based on condition of the cell and whether you use a primary 123 or a rechargeable RCR123... output range could be anywhere from 600mA through 1000mA, or possibly a little higher. For estimation purposes I typically assume a primary 123 will generate 700mA output current while a rechargeable RCR123 will generate 900mA output current... these estimates seem to be reasonable for most cases.

This light has a smooth reflector and dual AR-coated ultra-clear lens. I've found an 85% conversion factor for an LED in this sort of configuration to work pretty well in the past. Based on this, the estimated TORCH LUMENS (in other words, OUT THE FRONT OF THE LIGHT, not simply from the emitter itself) should be somewhere in this vicinity...

Low beam should run for a very long time, in fact, longer than I've ever had the patience to measure exactly... 72 hours is probably a decent estimate and may actually be a little too conservative. ;)

Thank you, Scott for the great input!
I think this info needs to find it's permanent place on your ML1 thread.

At this time I have five Milky L1s in different flavors, and yet another one is coming. That's the only reason I am selling this one... Those little gems are not intended to be a beauty queens, IMHO. They are great lights that are screaming to be used.

Mark

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned
Re: FS: Milky L1x "EXTREME" **pics added**

How about getting it bored out to run RCR's, that would be a killer option. Someone buy this light before I start talking about payment plans.:twothumbs

Patriot

Flashaholic

Wow! That's a fantastic and thorough explanation. Thanks Milky. :thumbsup:

zx7dave

Enlightened

Mark - I'll take it if you accept PayPal CC. Please PM me your PayPal payment address - Dave

PS..Have a few errands to run today..may be a little slow responding.

mbely2

Enlightened

Mark - I'll take it if you accept PayPal CC. Please PM me your PayPal payment address - Dave

PS..Have a few errands to run today..may be a little slow responding.

Dave, PM with PP address is sent. No rush.

Light is SOLD to Dave.

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
Re: *SPF* Milky L1x "EXTREME" *SPF*

:paypal:

I can't seem to resist these works of art from the Master...