Fenix EO1 vs, Solitaire with SMJLED drop in

bp044

Enlightened
Which would have more lumens or run longer on Eneloop ? Does it make sense to spend $13 for the drop in when the EO1 can be had for $15 ?

ackbar

Enlightened
My money is on the Fenix.. You hit it dead on.. 15 for a whole light vs 13 for a drop in + whatever it costs now for the host.

linterno

Enlightened
I asked myself the same question. Currently the flashlight I use at night to take care of my daughter is my Mag Solitaire with SMJLED dropin. Initially I didn't like it, but the I found the best use for it. The amount of light is the correct one and the white color is perfect.

What light color is the Fenix E01?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The E01 has a white Nicha GS LED. The light itself can be many colors.

The E01 should be brighter and cost less then the drop-in + host.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man,3 years back I spent $10 on a Solitaire and about $30 for a Tektite drop in. Now I could get an E01 for $15 shipped. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

linterno

Enlightened
Do anyone know how many lumens are produced by Arcmania SMJLED Solitaire prop-in?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think around the same as the Arc AAA(not sure if it was P, CS LED, or not).

So probably around the 5 lumen mark for the SmJLED.

kavvika

Enlightened
Fenix E01 without a doubt. The SMJLED solitaire was the only item I had ever purchased from B/S/T and turned right around and sold. There's better options, and the only reason I could see a need to purchase one is if your Solitaire holds some special meaning to you.

qarawol

Enlightened
If you want your existing Solitaire to have maximum light output, then buy the LED and glass window upgrade.

If you don't have a Solitaire and buy the Fenix, then you will be missing out. Why not buy both the Solitaire and Fenix then buy the upgrades... simple.

No need to compare if one is brighter/better then the other to make your purchase justification. How many of us here have only one Flashlight? If we based our buying on price to light ratio... then we would have only one Flashlight (your choice). That is not the case here for CPF/MP members.

So buy both Flashlights and be sure to buy the LED and glass window, from me, if you want maximum light from your Solitaire.

Njoy...