New here and bought my first LED flashlight

Vancouverite

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Dorcy 1 watt LED flashlight as that's what was available at my local store. Looking forward to buying some of the Fenix lights next week.

I saw that I can convert my 3D cell Maglight to an LED flashlight with the Diamond 3W Luxeon bulb, unfortunately I can't find anyone who carries this in Canada. The one place I saw was www.led-flashlight.ca but my browser indicates there's a security problem with that website so I don't really want to enter my credit card information there.

Can anyone recommend a place where I can get that replacement bulb?

Alero

Enlightened
You can also get the Terralux for about the same price, maybe even a litle cheaper. I belive they are the same emitter and about the same quality.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you would like something lower priced(and can stand the minimal 2 weeks wait), you can buy current gen LED lights at Dealextreme (Cree/Seoul/Rebel). Look for ones with good reviews so you don't receive crap.

You can probably swap in a Seoul P4 U-bin for the Dorcy to get twice the output.

Look here for Maglite upgrades

When you get LEDs, try to get the ones with the current gen LEDs. they are at least twice as efficient so you'll get at least double the output for the same power.

:welcome: