anti flashlight law

Nos

Enlightened
looooool my neighbor just called the police......
and why? becaue he was thinking that "someone up there" was stalking his daughters with a "powerful laser" which is " tracks them throught the whole house" ..........

i had a short chat with him and the policemen and could explain that its just a powerful red torch (~100 red well focused torch lumens :naughty: ) what i like to play with in the evening

but couldnt proof it, since i left the torch in my room.......

we ended up with the solution that the is no anti flashlight law.....but that i please stop shining on their house........what i never did.......ibecause i did not expect my tiny torch to have a laserlike spill :whistle:
after the police left he told me that was scaring the neightborhood for months....... i did never think about what a few "treeshots" a few times a month can be for other people......

great! now i cant use my torches at the window anymore. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
crap

Nos

Enlightened
i didnt dare to take the N30 with me :green: hahahahha the scene was so funny :crackup:my friends allmost fall of the couch when the saw the police car :crackup:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just played with my 2 most powerful flashlight (ROP and Mag85) lighting up my garden and other houses as well...:D

I have never had problems like that and but these thing may happen one day :thumbsdow

I think that if you let neighbor know something about your hobby and your lights he may understand you!:twothumbs

anyway....+1...buy an HID :grin2:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Take evening walks and shine iour lights down the street. People will think it is a car headlight.

Bill

Nos

Enlightened
FILIPPO;2436661 anyway....+1...buy an HID :grin2:[/quote said:
hahahha :rolleyes: post #4 says: Im a happy N30 owner :cool: .......

coming to think about it......damn why did i left it in my room :naughty:

Mdinana

Enlightened
Geez, afraid of a little light?? You'd think he was happy that the aliens weren't really landing.

If he really gets on your nerves, go borrow that tank-mounted light that one of you guys has.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually go over to a park to play with the flashlights. Usually later in the evening when most people are sleeping.

lightforce2

Enlightened
Hmmm....... If I were your neighbour I reckon I'd be pleased you are outside with your flashlights, your presence is more likely to deter prowlers etc & help keep the neighbourhood a little more safer

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
and why? becaue he was thinking that "someone up there" was stalking his daughters with a "powerful laser" which is " tracks them throught the whole house"

Am i the only one worried about this?

what are you doing tracking his daughter throughout the whole house man?

i sincerely hope your neighbour was just imagining that, and all you were doing was taking some beamshots outside...:)

Crenshaw

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
and why? becaue he was thinking that "someone up there" was stalking his daughters with a "powerful laser" which is " tracks them throught the whole house" ..........

i had a short chat with him and the policemen and could explain that its just a powerful red torch (~100 red well focused torch lumens :naughty: ) what i like to play with in the evening

but couldnt proof it, since i left the torch in my room.......

we ended up with the solution that the is no anti flashlight law.....but that i please stop shining on their house........what i never did.......ibecause i did not expect my tiny torch to have a laserlike spill :whistle:
after the police left he told me that was scaring the neightborhood for months....... i did never think about what a few "treeshots" a few times a month can be for other people......

great! now i cant use my torches at the window anymore. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
crap

I had a very similar story happed to me... My Armenian neighbors freaked out when they saw me shine my green laser into the sprinklers and called the police... They told the police that I am often shining flashlights on to the property and they suspect I am looking for dog crap so I can report them...
(If I was looking for dog crap, I wouldn't be using a green laser)

When I take the trash out at night I have a flashlight in hand, many times its the microfire HID, I guess some of the light could spill over into their yard but its not directed at them... The cops got a kick out of the microfire and wanted to know where to buy one. He told the Armenians not to waste their time anymore.

Now they installed cameras all over their house pointed in my direction...
I try to be considerate when using my lights and lasers... but these people can be really violent... my neighbor on the other side said that the Armenians threatened her life when she complained about one of their kids who broke her fence... it's crazy, if I can't feel safe playing with my lights on my own property then where do I go?

Bad neighbors can make your life hell... I feel for ya...

Last edited:

bob4apple

Enlightened

"Take evening walks and shine your lights down the street. People will think it is a car headlight."

Funny you should say that. I took a walk with my Lowe's Task Force 2C Cree, and a neighbor told me that I scared her.
She said that she thought there was a car with only one headlight driving slowly towards her on the wrong side of the road.

Geez, if people are scared of the dark, and scared of the light, when aren't they scared?!? :sigh:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
There is a certainly amount of security to be gained when your sketchy neighbors think you are sketchy too. . . . LOL

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now they installed cameras all over their house pointed in my direction...
I try to be considerate when using my lights and lasers... but these people can be really violent... my neighbor on the other side said that the Armenians threatened her life when she complained about one of their kids who broke her fence... it's crazy, if I can't feel safe playing with my lights on my own property then where do I go?

I was of the impression that installing CCTV was fine as long as it didn't encroach on 'others privacy' surely having said camera(s) pointed into your property would render them illegally mounted/pointed/configured?

Ever wonder what a high output laser would do to a sensitive CCTV camera? let us know when you find out eh? :devil:

Living in a rural setting affords me plenty of space (plenty dark too) to try out my torches/flashlights... I often notice 'spot lighters' (night hunters) during summer and never hear any complaints so I can't imagine anyone would care about my little hobby :)

The Porcupine

Enlightened
I try to take great care when using my lights outside as not to hit my neighbours homes, but jeeze Louise.....! People just seem to be scared of everything these days!
I never had any complaints though.

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
I was trying out one of my new toys shining it down the street at a neighbors tree fifty or so yards away, when I see two men take off, hop in a car and peel out.

The neighbor saw me the next day heading to work and (knows about my flashlight sickness) thanked me for chasing off the intruders who had jimmied a window and was going to rob the house. Told me if I want to light up his tree with my lights it was fine with him. Cool.

lyrrag

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be careful with the high powered lights. Most people have never seen a high powered flashlight. If a powerful flashlight beam happens to accidentally shine in the window, they might assume that you were right outside shinning the light at them in on purpose and maybe looking inside, instead of taking beam shots 50 yards away.

Nos

Enlightened
What brand/model exactly?
a DX EJY red emitter mod ( ssc4 with 108 lumens @ 700ma, my runs 1A :cool: )

yeah, Art Vandelay, thats whathappend...the spill hit their house, and when the looked into the emitter they expect it to be a laser :sssh:

i like lyrrag's story too :wave: