Seen this keychain light before?

Mrd 74

Enlightened
It's not in the stores yet,just internet sales at the moment.All I could find out is that its made by Dorcy.
Mike

Empath

Flashaholic
It looks like the German made lights distributed in the USA by Coast, and sold under the name Eddie Bauer. I don't remember the name of the German manufacturer, but those little holes around the bezel has become more or less their identifying mark.

Maybe Dorcy is going to be the Canadian distributor.

Empath

Flashaholic
They can't keep track of which hype goes with which feature. Target has a little coin type LED light in their camping section, with the back of the card boasting something like a 10000 hour battery life (maybe it was 5000 hour, anyway it's a screw-up bigtime).

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure it is a LedLenser knock off and not the real deal... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

the LedLensers have round holes, while these appear to be elliptical, and they use a switch on the barrel of the light instead of a tailcap switch. The tailcaps of the LedLensers have nipple with a hole for the split-ring, where these have the ring attached to the clip.

Hope this helps,

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
Hello photon boy,
I've got one of these: it is not really well finished and feels not very solid, no comparison with an arc-aaa. The light output is on par with the arc-aaa (central spot a little bit more defined, but total output perhaps a little bit less than arc's), but with a more bluish tint. Another aspect I don't like is that it operates with 3 button cells. Last point: I got mine for 10 euros in France (about $11-12) in a store, so the price doesn't seem exceptional .
If I were you, I would consider another one.

François.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite the small changes (tailcap, elliptical holes), they really seem to have stolen the LedLenser design. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

What a rip!

Pat