Ultrafire Cree XR-E WF-602D

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have 1,swap the driver with that 20 modes one and swap the lens with UCL and swap the emitter with low VF Q2 and WOW!
Brighter than L2dCE Q5 with 2AA!
And HAIII body as well - nice build up.

lazerboy2000

Newly Enlightened
If you haven't noticed by my 2 posts, I'm very new into this flashlight thing so I dont know much about modifying flashlights.

Could you please list the specific parts and links to the items you are referring to? Is a 20 mode driver really necessary or helpful? This would just be an EDC light and I'm just looking for something simple, bright and cheap so I'm not sure if I'd need something with 20 modes.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
If you haven't noticed by my 2 posts, I'm very new into this flashlight thing so I dont know much about modifying flashlights.

Could you please list the specific parts and links to the items you are referring to? Is a 20 mode driver really necessary or helpful? This would just be an EDC light and I'm just looking for something simple, bright and cheap so I'm not sure if I'd need something with 20 modes.

I think you have made a great choice for your first light. I carried a RC-C3 twisty very much like your choice for a while and most of the time I forgot it was there until I needed it. Very reliable. It is small enough, but very bright for the size. Pretty much foolproof too. I suggest take the plunge.

I wanted to mention you might like to get a couple of rcr123a's to cycle through your new light. It will be brighter for free. Recommend AW rcr123a's with his chosen recharger. You can get them here on this forum at Dealer's Corner- look for AW's thread on batteries, or find them at LightHound.com. Good Hunting.

Last edited:

lazerboy2000

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your suggestions and tips.

Any idea of how long a 3.6v RC123a would last in this considering that its direct drive? What would be some comparable lights that use a regulated circuit for better life/output?

warlord

Enlightened
It's not direct drive (there's a driver in it) and it'll run for almost exactly 35minutes on a protected RC123. Also the HAIII front and rear are 2 different colors.

I put a 16mode driver in it because it has a group that only has Hi-Med-Lo. The runtime on Med was 3+ hours. I have a Q5 that's going in it soon and I'll revise my runtimes then.

Overall it's a nice light but unless you NEED HAIII I would save my money and go with the Romisen version. They make a good product and the price is right.

If you want a light with multiple modes and longer runtimes you should consider:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10806

It's the same light just with a clicky, 5modes, no clip, and a Q5...at $18 it's a steal.

Also, depending on how much you want to spend you can't go wrong with a Fenix Q5 P1D-CE

Last edited:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stock driver is as good as any other driver and very bright too.I just need that strobe & beacon mode.
My suggestions if you planned to get 1,changed the lens with UCL and swap the emitter with 14mm Q5 - fantastic.
14mm Q5 - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11023
18mm UCL lens - http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=display&ref=apps_specs

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the one warlord said is a much better deal - very small and tail switcher with 5 modes and a newer higher bin LED. Unless you want a twisty one mode ....