Surefire UB2 Invictus

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
That has to be a typo...:faint: I don't think even Matt knows the price yet..

Groundhog66

Banned
Surefire has not given a price or release date to the dealers yet, I was told by a dealer source it should be under $400.

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened

I think it's just a place holder, he wants it in the system so it's ready to go as soon as he has inventory, but don't want to put a price in there that could be too low... so he has to put something in there for a pace holder...

however if it really is at $999, it better have more than 20 min run time at 400 lumens

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
this should be in the "good deals" section....:laughing:

most likley its just to make sure people dont send payment while its not in stock...

Crenshaw

Taboot

Enlightened
I've heard that the UA2 will be around 279, so I can't imagine that the UB2 would be too much more, no? You're trading focusing for 200 lumens. Of course you never know...

I'm sure the BattJ page is just a placeholder.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Slightly off-topic, but do you lose those 200 lumens because of the lower transmission of the focusing optics, or is the emitter running at lower lumens?
SureFire's lumen ratings start with measuring the light exiting the flashlight. They then take into consideration the output over the course of the runtime, and how/whether the output degrades over the reasonable life (use) of the flashlight. They take measurements from a large number of production samples to ensure that the rating is reasonable for any variation from unit to unit.

This is known more or less as a "torch lumen" rating rather than a "bulb lumen" (or bare LED) rating.

Assuming that the rating of 200 lumens is not too conservative, the LED may well be releasing some 30% more lumens into the flashlight to achieve 200 lumens out the front.

Al

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
Al, I think Mike was referring to the 200 lumen difference between the UA2 and the UB2. Apparently, the UB2 is going to put out 400 lumens.

I'm trying to figure out how to sneak both into the house, but probably not in the first run.

The price on the BatteryJunction page is probably a software issue. Matt's software most likely does not allow a null price. I'm kinda figuring both lights will be the same price.

Randy