Got my E2D LED Defender today... CRAP! Its' single level!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaaarrrrgghhh. I was really hoping it would be the dual level. I do hear though that I could probably sell it on CPFMP for a premium. But its still kind of annoying. I wanted the dual level! Argh! Any suggestions on what to ask for it?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
OpticsHq.com It just urks me. How could a company like Surefire make a mistake like that? Don't they test them right before they pack them?

digitaleos

Enlightened
There was somebody selling the new E2D's on here a couple days ago, and he stated they were also single level. :shrug:

Chris

Delta

Enlightened
Where did you get the idea that it would be dual level? (Question answered numerous times, thank you)

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you get the idea that it would be dual level?
From Surefire... :naughty:

On the Surefire website it states (bolding is mine ;) :

"E2DL-BK

Compact (pocket sized), dual-output LED flashlight designed for self-defense and personal protection. The E2D LED Defender® features a solid-state, two-stage light emitting diode that generates six times the output of a typical two-D-cell flashlight at its high setting and five lumens of useful light (enough to read a map or negotiate a dark path) on low."

:cool::thinking::twothumbs

At least it appears on their website that it is a two-stage light.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
From a recent thread relating to E2DL, there were many people who indicated that they hated the fact that it is dual output. As you mentioned, you could sell it on CPFM at a premium and purchase another one. It's annoying, but at least you're getting paid for SF's mistake.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest that the move to make the E2DL a dual-output light was a quite recent change and that its quite reasonable for production to have already begun before the in-line change was made.

I'm sure if you contact your SureFire Dealer, or SureFire directly they'll replace your single-output E2DL.

Personally I find the whole dual output UI annoying - too annoying for EDC. Likely has some utility/practical advantage but for my habits and use it is unacceptable.

I'd be thrilled to have purchased a single-output E2DL. As it is I'm more interested in a few other SureFires in the works...

Al

the fuzz

Enlightened
Well if the advertising is misleading and you dont get what has been advertised you should be entitled to your money back by the manufactures

I dont understand how SF who make millions cant change such important infomation such as this on there web site.

Its mind boggling

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, apparently now there won't be any E2DL's for a while...single stage or dual.

Surefire E2DL Delay

So be happy you got anything at all, KDOG! I'm telling ya...you've got something special there! I guarantee all the people that were lucky enough to snatch up the early E2DL's are grinning from ear to ear. :)

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone wants to sell their single-stage E2DL, let me know ;)

I would have much preferred the E2DL to be a single-stage light. Like others here I don't get on too well with SureFire's new UI.

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well if the advertising is misleading and you dont get what has been advertised you should be entitled to your money back by the manufactures
I'm sure that that will be an option SureFire will give him should he contact them.

I dont understand how SF who make millions cant change such important infomation such as this on there web site.

Its mind boggling
Then you don't know SureFire very well - over the last, what decade I've got to know SureFire this sort of thing doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
IMHO SureFire are still learning to be a retailer to 'customers' rather than just a supplier to operators. Many things they seem to do incredibly well. A few things have people scratching their heads with boggled minds.

Al

Delta

Enlightened
Then you don't know SureFire very well - over the last, what decade I've got to know SureFire this sort of thing doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
IMHO SureFire are still learning to be a retailer to 'customers' rather than just a supplier to operators. Many things they seem to do incredibly well. A few things have people scratching their heads with boggled minds.

Al

Probably constantly shining each other in the eyes with flashlights everyday is making them a bit loopy.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2D should not be a dual level light anyways in my opinion. I'm almost wondering if they are supposed to be single level and what's on the site is a mistake? I should email them and see what they say, but I don't want to give them any ideas about making it a dual level if it's not supposed to be. :D