Wolf Eyes Angel Beamshots

Glen C

Enlightened
We just received our shipment of Angels today and thought I would share a few beamshots for those who are interested. These are taken about 10.45 am inside a garage, on the right you can see a garage door letting light in and there are two small vents to the left letting light in, so better ones will come soon. The man is 1.8 metres (6 foot) high and the beamshots are taken from 6 metres (approx 6 yards) away.

The Angel (with an Aussie 50 cents for size reference)

wolfeyescomauangelpc4.jpg

The Angel beamshot

wolfeyescomauangelzh8.jpg

The Angel on right, Jetbeam P4 on left both on 14500

wolfeyescomaujetbeamvanyq0.jpg

The Angel on top, the Jetbeam on bottom

wolfeyescomaujetbeamvansh3.jpg

The Angel on Medium on top, the Jetbeam on full at bottom

wolfeyescomaujetbeamvanre7.jpg

To all those who have pre ordered, yours will be out today and in your hands tomorrow. :)

We will have more beamshots up on our site www.wolfeyes.com.au under comparisons in the next week or so

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice shots!

The Angel looks great...

What is the nationality of Wolf Eyes lights ? Are they american ? Chinese ?

I mean... Where they are made ?

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light. Can you post a picture of the switch please.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do the settings work - i.e. what is the order of brightness settings and/or does it have a memory feature? Will you also be getting the CR123 version in?

Glen C

Enlightened
The lights I have are all 4 mode with 100% - 20% - 2% - strobe. The switch is a reverse clicky, which works well going through the modes. Quite durable construction, though obviously not the same as the Sniper, etc. I do have a few CR123 versions in, though in Australia CR123 are about US$9 in shops, so I view the CR123 version as an enthusiast light and haven't listed it on the website. Email if you need details.

The lights are proudly Chinese, though all mine have an honorary Aussie passport. :)

Below is a photo of the tailswitch. The Angel tailstands with a slight rock to it, not quite at 90 degrees.

tailcappj7.jpg

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send one to selfbuilt for a review. Many would like to see how efficient its driver is on Eneloop AA.

Alan

Glen C

Enlightened
Alan, probably easiest to get Wolf Eyes Canada to send him one, as I believe he is in Canada. Freight from here would probably be a 1/3 the value of the light! Just out of interest why did you pick the Eneloop as the battery to use to compare?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glen, you know how I said that I will not get another small light?.......well, I might just give you a call today.......so, this is a 14500 run, Q5 LED three levels and a strobe, up to 180 lumen output light?....I like the deep pocket clip......Is the digital system the same as on the D26 Q5 4 level Sniper drop-in?......

Glen C

Enlightened
Cernobila, the same. Tried the output in a park tonight, here is my 6ft man at 25 metres.

Click for larger

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of interest why did you pick the Eneloop as the battery to use to compare?

Li-ion AA is not that popular (if available at all) for the public. Many would opts to use li-ion for its high capacity like 18650 or smaller RCR123A for rechargeable. However, AA NiMH has more or less the same capacity as li-ion AA and both of them is rechargeable and AA NiMH is widely available yet safer. Personally, I never consider li-ion AA as power source for any of my light.

I respect that some users prefer to use li-ion AA for more lumen at the expense of runtime even for a small light. If I go for that path (small, bright and short runtime), I would pick a smaller light (than AA) that use RCR123.

Lastly, I don't want to carry one more type of battery in my battery backup bag during travelling.

Alan

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
The only sad thing for me about this flashlight is it's name. Why o why would wolfeyes tactical name one of their lights Angel? They even added th "-A" at the end making it: Angel-A, sounds like my aunt's name. Might be great light for my wife though.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
COME ON!
You will not buy the light, or will buy it for your wife only, just because of the name ??

Personally I don´t care for it´s name... There are so much Destroyers, Detonators, Tanks, Armaggedons, Overkills, Nuclear Transformers... those "wannabe bad-*** names", that I don´t care anymore...

:grin2:

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Glen C
post_new.gif
Today, 02:28 AM :oops:
I'd be careful walking around a park in Sydney flashing a torch at a 6' man at 02:28 AM :sick2:
Norm

Last edited:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
COME ON!
You will not buy the light, or will buy it for your wife only, just because of the name ??

Personally I don´t care for it´s name... There are so much Destroyers, Detonators, Tanks, Armaggedons, Overkills, Nuclear Transformers... those "wannabe bad-*** names", that I don´t care anymore...

:grin2:

yup I don't want my light to have the name Angela. It might work for you but not for me. I too really don't care for names until now. Angel-A is just too girly for me. Imagine you working in a prison and you drop that light and an inmate picked it up and would ask, "who's Angela, she droped her light?" WOW:thumbsup: But nice light though.

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks Alan for the rationale, I was more wondering why Eneloop rather than other LSD rechargeable AA but totally agree with you.

Norm, I did look a little obvious :)

Federal & Stitch, I am cracking up at the prison guard called Angel-a