Surefire V70 Holster Question

Telemeister

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,

I have just bought an SF V70 holster for my C3 (and C2 and 9P etc etc.) and would like to know peoples experiences with it. Specifically, the way they attach it to their belts.

My preference is to attach the holster so that the exposed part of the flashlight is below the holster, so that when I remove it, it pull down, rather than reaching back and pulling up. The holster itself seems to have a pretty solid grip on the light, but I am wondering if there is a greater chance of the light falling out of the holster unintentionally. Does anyne have any experiences with this?

Just to clarify my horrid descrpition, the hole where the light is inserted into the holster would be facing down, rather than up.

Any comments?
Thanks

Force Attuned

Enlightened
I now only use my V70 holster for my G2Z. I originally used it for my 6P until I realised that the tailcap was getting scratched due to the metal spring inside. I recommend using this holster only for the polymer Surefires.

bagman

Enlightened
I dont carry mine that way but when working with another force I saw a lot of the officers with Z2's upside down :D

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The most secure method of carry for the V70 is bezel up, so upside down would probably be ok. Test it out by shaking it in upside down position. Least secure carry is bezel down where purchase is shallow and light could drop out in upside down position. I use the V70 for edc, bezel up and use the G2Z tailcap when carrying a 6P, 6Z, or 9P, and of course the G2Z. Nitralon makes for a nice smooth extraction of light from V70.

Bill

USM0083

Enlightened
I've used the V70 for almost 10 years, first with a 6Z and the last three years a G2Z. I carry the G2Z bezel down, and use the bezel from my 6Z cause the nitrolon bezel does not draw smoothly (tends to stick.)

It's not nearly as secure as bezel up, but I carry it weakside behind my radio, and with the bezel down it's set up for a Rogers grip when shooting with my pistol.

It does take practice. The first time I did it (in an IDPA match, using my duty gear) I drew the light and gun, took a Rogers grip, and found myself aiming down the barrel of the light. ;)

Last edited: