What is the brightest and best LED light out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1Fan

Banned
Hi all, just wondering what is the best and brightest LED available in the market i'm kind of lose with all the lights out there.
Cheers!! :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
this ought to be fun...

IMHO:
Best = Surefire 6PL, mod it to suit your needs and drop in whatever module you want, or just use the bulletproof P60L in stock form and NEVER need to buy another flashlight... ever.

Brightest = I am going to reserve comment on that because I haven't use nearly enough lights to make that assessment. There are a bunch of 300 Lumen lights and drop ins on ebay, but those are mostly bogus manufacturer claims.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO you need to do some reading on this forum in order to be a little more specific about your question.
There are many many really very high quality flashlights available.
A question such as this one is simply an invitation for an argument.
Maybe if you were to state the use or specific purpose of the light you are in need of...If you are even looking for a light.
Maybe talk a little about what your needs are as well as a budget.
Your question is simply too general.
It is like asking:
What is the best and fastest car out there?

Get real.
Yaesumofo

F1Fan

Banned
IMHO you need to do some reading on this forum in order to be a little more specific about your question.
There are many many really very high quality flashlights available.
A question such as this one is simply an invitation for an argument.
Maybe if you were to state the use or specific purpose of the light you are in need of...If you are even looking for a light.
Maybe talk a little about what your needs are as well as a budget.
Your question is simply too general.
It is like asking:
What is the best and fastest car out there?

Get real.

Yaesumofo

I believe the fastest production car is a Buggati Veyron, anything else is aftermarket or competition, i wasn't looking for a hostile reply.

I'm just searching for a 2 cell light for general purpose. I'll keep looking.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Some questions to consider:

Do you want to carry it or is it bedside/home light?
If carry holster or pocket? Backpack? 'Glovebox'?
Do you live in an urban or rural environment?
Do you want the brightest or do you want a balance of runtime/output?
What's your budget/comfort zone?
Do you want a fairly simple interface - 1-2 levels, or a more sophisticated one with more output levels, strobing, sos?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
In addition to Matts questions...

Do you have any preferences or favor any type of battery? Rechargable, AA, CR123..?

How far do you need it to throw?... how many feet/yards out in front of you do you need it to illuminate?

Does it need to be water submersible or merely splashproof?

What kind of manufacturer warranty/support are you willing to pay for? Lifetime free replacement parts? -OR- No manufacturer support at all?

I forgot to add...

:welcome::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
That's still not a lot to go on. The "best 2 cell general purpose light" isn't a very narrow question at all. There are literally thousands of lights that fit that, and dozens that could all be considered the "best" based off numerous criteria.

F1Fan

Banned
Thx for the welcome MatK,
I really didn't know there was so much into picking a flashlights. I've been reading some more and here is what i come up to.

Basically my usage will be for general purpose such as lightning the backyard, some, find a keyhole, walk around the house and sometimes having a good throw to light up when i go into the woods because i would like to use the light when i go camping this summer. Most of the time i will do pocket carry.

Again i'm going to a trip to Ecuador this month for 2 weeks and would like to carry something with me. Preferably 2 cell. Not too big 2 x CR123 is what i am looking for, rechargeable is a plus but not a must.

Thx all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.