Jetbeam Tailcap and Head Disassembly

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Jetbeam I IBS. It is my new EDC light! The only issue I have is that the head seems to be assembled wrong. The O-ring is in between the bezel and the glass, instead of underneath the glass. It is smushed in an asymmetrical way. I also want to replace it with a GITD O-ring. There are a series of little tiny pinholes on the circuit board (?) and the inside of the tailcap. Any idea how to unscrew these? I would like the reassemble the head, and also install a different color boot on the tailcap.

Otherwise the light rocks. I am using a protected 14500, and it puts amazing light, and I love the adjustable strobe!

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
I did check out the review, that's what convinced me to buy this light. However it seems there is only passing mention of disassembling it, unless I completely missed that part (which is a possibility ) :)

I'll try to use tweezers in the little holes. I'll post the results.

Thanks!

Yapo

Enlightened
I'll be taking mine apart as well when i get it to swap the lens and maybe rearrange the o-ring if mine turns up like your's...but whether it will help or not is another thing and i just noticed on selfbuilts pics of his shipping model, that the o-ring is above the lens as well...i was wondering why the oring was so visible when i was lookin at the pics before. I was wanting to put a GITD o-ring on it as well...where did you get yours from? because i can only find 18mm in light blue colour from DX!

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
I got a bunch of GITD O-rings here. Honestly I don't even know if I have one that will fit. I was more concerned with the proper position of the head elements. If that's where its supposed to be, I'll leave it alone.

The tailcap came apart with no problem, just like the Fenix ones.

rhpdchief

Newly Enlightened
Mine is the same as yours with the oring between the bezel and glass. I think thats how its supposed to be with these lights. As far as getting to the tailcap you'll have to use snap ring pliers or improvise some type of tool to unscrew the red insert and then the ring below that.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I did check out the review, that's what convinced me to buy this light. However it seems there is only passing mention of disassembling it, unless I completely missed that part (which is a possibility ) :)
As Yapo pointed out, there is some discussion of it later in the thread. I wasn't able to disassemble mine. One of the fun things with these forums is reading all the additional comments that flow from an initial review (like the DX GITD tailcap cover switch, etc.) :)

FYI, the o-ring is always between the glass and the bezel on all the JetBeam lights I've seen.

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
I guess I should've read the entire six pages before I posted a new thread! I'm going to go do that now. Thanks all for the input!