Interview with Henry (not on CPF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Frank Maddix, :goodjob: . Thanks for the find and it was interesting reading, especially the part about him being a caver in the past. I still love my HDS U60 and I'm glad to hear that Henry is working on a few projects...

"Me: why no "clickey"
Henry: says who?
Me: why no aa or 18650 or other options
henry: says who ?
Me: build your own?"

This is killing me as I have the 2XCR123 / 17670 tube but I don't have an 18650 tube for my HDS. I would love to see Henry introduce a new 18650 clicky light with an Cree R2 emitter. :cool:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering the insults thrown at CPF in that link, I'm guessing this thread is going to be locked down, in order to prevent a flaming board war...

It's a shame constructive discussion is so primitive and baiting.

-dan

adnj

Enlightened
I was amazed at the language coming from a "moderator."

My vote is in: I will not go back to that board under any circumstances.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I talked to Henry at SHOT. He is a most interesting man, very intense about his work. He talked about upcoming ventures and a new clicky HDS, as well as talking care of previous HDS EDC owners. Henry has quite a few parts to repair the EDC series, and or replace complete EDC's. Don't quote me here, in case I am not exactly correct.

Bill

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
Wasn`t Fastcar banned here? He did great reviews I think?

Anyway I like that board:poof::crackup:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Considering the insults thrown at CPF in that link, I'm guessing this thread is going to be locked down, in order to prevent a flaming board war...

It's a shame constructive discussion is so primitive and baiting.

-dan

I was initially motivated to compose a response to some of the "side notes" I read but then I realized that anyone worth having a discussion with about such matters could plainly see the notes for what they were and unfortunately bringing the balance of the review itself into question as well.

I think there is a fine line between offering earned and deserved praise and simple heinie smooching. When one is at that line themselves they hardly seem in a position to be critical of others who may be at similar lines. If that makes sense to the reader, cool. If not, also cool. :)

Some flame wars don't justify the fuel required for the flame. My money is on this being such a case here. With significant traffic, where is the merit in a fast car? CPF has significant traffic, IMHO and we all need to yield and be courteous and considerate of others, as a result.

Snow

Enlightened
That guy had a great point. If you're at a trade show such as SHOT, and you are carrying a flashlight of your own, you should offer to let complete strangers throw it against a wall and smash it on the ground, just to show that it is tougher than a competitors' light. :rolleyes:

maxray

Newly Enlightened
Interesting read - a clicky would sure be cool, but man that "interview" reeked of slanted subjectivity!!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Interview???? Sounds like he phoned him. Henry is fairly active on this board, and a number of us have met/partied-with him. (Saved my a** at the Ghost Mtn get-together after I managed to lock the keys for my rental in the trunk! :green: :bow: )

The "interview" is right up there with a number of reviews I have exited-reading from FC. Register?- I didn't bother bookmarking!

Larry

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A good read.... Too bad FASTCAR had to ruin it with some cheap shots at CPF. Looks like he's still angry.... Oh well, that's his problem to deal with.

Empath

Flashaholic
Having my druthers, I'd rather see references regarding what some might find as noteworthy off site, than to have to intercede due to negative interaction between boards.

The referenced thread may or may not be offensive to some here, just as this thread may or may not be offensive to some there. Regardless, it will need to be suffered in silence here. Interaction will need to take place there, and not through making a thread here and a thread there a common negative interactive vehicle between us. This one is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.