Longbow Mini

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up this Longbow in a trade and the mod has already started. :)

The Lux I and circuit were potted so well that both were destroyed removing them. Owell, I am going to install another board and one of the new U2 Seoul LEDs.
Here's some pictures of the mod so far. More to come later.
picture009kr6.jpg

picture014dp1.jpg

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small flat blade screwdriver and some heat from a butane soldering iron.

The potting compound used is very hard and black, I might try to salvage the circuit board. It is still potted in the compound and I am not sure what I can use to remove the compund without killing the converter.

Here's a picture.
picture016bz8.jpg

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine looked alot like yours. Except i put mine in a boiling pot of water for about 10 minutes. Just wondering tho, in terms of output does the new seoul U2 defeat the K2 TFFC?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine looked alot like yours. Except i put mine in a boiling pot of water for about 10 minutes. Just wondering tho, in terms of output does the new seoul U2 defeat the K2 TFFC?

If you get the high end of the U2 Seoul and the 0200 K2, it looks like they will be neck and neck when it comes to output. The Seoul will put out 275 lumens at 1amp and the K2, 275 lumens at 1500mA.

I like the way the K2 is packaged better then the p4.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you just replace the LED and the board?

What LED did you use?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you just replace the LED and the board?

What LED did you use?

I actually havent done anything with the module yet. I was going to send it to Milky or someone who has the basic modding capabilities necessary to mod it but I just didnt know whether to choose between the new K2 or wait for seoul to come up with something as or more efficient/bright. So judging by the stats you provided, premium seouls will be brighter than K2s? The plastic bottom of my module fell out along with the black epoxied electronics as soon as I removed the screw.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
It's really easy to replace the board with a new convertor board from somewhere like the Sandwiche Shoppe. Just pick one that does what you want in terms of voltage and current (is the Mini 2*AA batts??). The Seouls and K2s are easy to solder. You can pot it again yourself in Arctic Alumina or similar.