Jetbeam Problem/Question

Mdinana

Enlightened
Hi
Recently bought a Jetbeam-I IBS, and am currently running rechargable AA's on it. Lovely light, but one question. Occasionally when I turn it on, it won't... a quick shake or slap to the side gets it working, so I assume the connection isn't quite tight enough for the battery?

I notice that the head of the light doesn't have a spring or "nub" on the contact point for the positive end of the AA. Is this normal?

Any advice/suggestions/opinions welcome... is this something to complain to Jetbeam about?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Mdinana - did you buy it used? I wonder if the original owner took off the spring to use 14500 with it...

Mdinana

Enlightened
Ahh... the spring on the LED head is missing. That's the problem. Given that the seller included 2 new Trustfire 14500's with it, I assume that's the reason!

Thanks folks for solving it. The next question is, would buying a 14500 charger make a significant improvement over AA's? I'm currently using Energizer rechargable's, but I have a few Lithium's lying around.

If the 14500's don't make a huge difference, then maybe I'll just deal with the issue. Although, would putting a drop of solder on the connection point solve the issue, if I stayed with AA's?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 14500 will make a big difference. Read the reviews on the Jet I in that forum.

The drop of solder will help with any battery, since the spring is gone.

Last edited:

Latest posts