JETBEAM JET 1 PRO VS JET 1 PRO IBS!!! (Pics Included)

harada77

Newly Enlightened
2008060422361863.jpg

IBS is darker than old one.
JET 1 PRO IBS is always right side.
And red ring is reflection sticker~ never mind...:)

2008060422361914.jpg

IBS is longer than old one(about 2~3mm).

2008060422362047.jpg

2008060422361958.jpg

This is Korean version.
Only Korean version has smo reflector~ :grin2:

2008060422362003.jpg

New one can not tail stand. but easy to use~

2008060422362139.jpg

2008060422362184.jpg

2008060422362231.jpg

New one's PCB is thicker, so spring has gone.

2008060422362281.jpg

2008060422362089.jpg

Old pro , pro IBS and NDI

2008060422361767.jpg

2008060422361817.jpg

This beamshots is IBS MAX not Default A...

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice thread. Thanks for the comparison.

I really like Jetbeam but their naming convention still ticks me off.

I have a Jet-1 (MK) IBS, and this Jet 1 Pro business, versus Jet 1 Pro IBS, versus Jet II IBS, versus Jet III IBS, versus plain old Jet-1 MK II.r, etc is so dang mind boggling, it's like you have to get a PHD just to understand JetBeam's product line.

Threads like this are definitely necessary to try to figure out what's what. Jetbeam also does not explain very well the purposes of each light. A newbie would be lost trying to figure out if he/she should be buying a Jet-1, Jet-1 Pro, etc etc. Only detailed readings of selfbuilt's excellent reviews really reveal what each light is intended for / capable of.

Anyway I just wanted to say Jetbeam's flashlights are great, but the naming scheme is the worst in the world.

/rant

cunglee

Newly Enlightened
Great..
This may be the first official review of the world about jet-1 pro ibs.
Judging from the pictures, jet pro ibs is much brighter than old one.

harada77

Newly Enlightened

I have a Jet-1 (MK) IBS, and this Jet 1 Pro business, versus Jet 1 Pro IBS, versus Jet II IBS, versus Jet III IBS, versus plain old Jet-1 MK II.r, etc is so dang mind boggling, it's like you have to get a PHD just to understand JetBeam's product line.

Threads like this are definitely necessary to try to figure out what's what. Jetbeam also does not explain very well the purposes of each light. A newbie would be lost trying to figure out if he/she should be buying a Jet-1, Jet-1 Pro, etc etc. Only detailed readings of selfbuilt's excellent reviews really reveal what each light is intended for / capable of.

Anyway I just wanted to say Jetbeam's flashlights are great, but the naming scheme is the worst in the world.

/rant
I agree with you~ It's make me confusing as well!!!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they improve on the quality of the parts in the tailcap, for the switch? My Jet-I Pro has a cheap plastic retaining ring, very small switch, etc. I was hoping they'd beef this up in newer versions.

fluke

Enlightened
Did they improve on the quality of the parts in the tailcap, for the switch? My Jet-I Pro has a cheap plastic retaining ring, very small switch, etc. I was hoping they'd beef this up in newer versions.

I'm still trying to find a different switch to fit in mine.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review!

How good is the throw compared to a Fenix or a Amilite? How hot does it get on max?

Thanks!
AlexGT

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened

/rant

All the JETBeam models out now are called the "Pro Series". There are:

Jet-I Pro IBS - AA/14500 Q5
Jet-I Pro EX IBS - 2xAA Q5
Jet-II Pro IBS - CR123/R123 Q5
Jet-III Pro IBS - 18650 Q5
Jet-III Pro in Titanium (Lmtd. Edition) 18650 Q5

A couple of models that were introduced at an introductory price to promote the IBS circuit:

Jet-I MK IBS - AA/14500 Q5
Jet-II IBS - CR123/14500 Q5

Hope that helps,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
US JETBeam Distributor

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still trying to find a different switch to fit in mine.

Yeah, I keep saying, if they beef up the quality of the parts in the tailcap, they'd really have something, so I'm hopingi they have done that in these newer models.

Rzr800

Enlightened
Yeah, I keep saying, if they beef up the quality of the parts in the tailcap, they'd really have something, so I'm hoping they have done that in these newer models.

It seems that we need to start backing each other up a little more in both the Dealer and Manufacturer's Marketplace...as these very valid points are often brought forward...everybody nods their head in agreement in front of their monitors (I'm just as guilty; as your comment above proves)...and those knowing darn well as to what we speak...receive the pass.

I very much do enjoy talking up dealers and manufacturers....when they put as much effort into the process as we out here continually stating the obvious are 'somehow' able to muster up on a daily basis.

A simple "no" answer or "I don't know...but I'll darn well find out!" is 100% acceptable in your own thread...no answer at all or "go ask the manufacturer" is very simply not, IMO.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I sent Jetbeam a PM about changing the retaining ring to a metal with insulator (like Fenix etc).

They said they would pass the info on to the engineers. Other than that, not sure what else can be done?

BTW, the plastic rings on the Jet -1, Mk2 and Jet 2 IBS (non-pro) are interchangable (not sure that is a good thing since they are both small).

Rzr800

Enlightened
"I sent Jetbeam a PM about changing the retaining ring to a metal with insulator (like Fenix etc).

They said they would pass the info on to the engineers. Other than that, not sure what else can be done?..."

In the case of a "PM"...I agree.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Jet-1 Pro IBS - AA/14500 Q5
Jet-1 Pro EX IBS - 2xAA Q5

A couple of models that were introduced at an introductory price to promote the IBS circuit:

Jet-1 MK IBS - AA/14500 Q5
Good summary Flavio. As an aside - why do most people seem to refer to the Jet-I Pro as Jet-1 Pro? :thinking: In JetBeam's manufacturer's thread, they always use the roman numeral "I" and not the number "1". It seems consistent to me to still use the "I", since the other members of the family at are II and III.

harada77, does the new IBS pill fit and function in the old Jet-I Pro body? Just curious, since JetBeam had proposed to produce replacement pills for the original Jet-I Pro, and I was wondering if this one was a match. Thanks!

harada77

Newly Enlightened
2008060505260108.jpg

Unfortunately it's doesn't change...
I dislike that red plastic retaining as well~ I think FENIX's tailcap is better!

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Good summary Flavio. As an aside - why do most people seem to refer to the Jet-I Pro as Jet-1 Pro? :thinking: In JetBeam's manufacturer's thread, they always use the roman numeral "I" and not the number "1". It seems consistent to me to still use the "I", since the other members of the family at are II and III.

harada77, does the new IBS pill fit and function in the old Jet-I Pro body? Just curious, since JetBeam had proposed to produce replacement pills for the original Jet-I Pro, and I was wondering if this one was a match. Thanks!

You're right about the "1" vs. the "I". I'm guilty of that myself...It should be "I".

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jet-I Pro IBS - AA/14500 Q5
Jet-I Pro EX IBS - 2xAA Q5

Jet-I MK IBS - AA/14500 Q5

Hope that helps,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
US JETBeam Distributor
Thanks very much Flavio. It is handy to keep around but still takes time to absorb and remember (I can bet you I'll forget this within 5 minutes...).

If they would follow Surefire or Fenix's methodology it would be so much easier. :)

And this distinction between jet-I versus jet-1 is another example of how ultra confusing it can be, since there is a jet-1 and there is a jet-I.

Some cruel marketer must have thought of this horrible naming scheme. :sick2:

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
2008060505260108.jpg

Unfortunately it's doesn't change...
I dislike that red plastic retaining as well~ I think FENIX's tailcap is better!

It's almost comical how they seem to put a lot of effort and quality into the entire light, and then skimp on one of the most important parts, the switch that turns it off and on, and the parts holding the switch in place. :)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's almost comical how they seem to put a lot of effort and quality into the entire light, and then skimp on one of the most important parts, the switch that turns it off and on, and the parts holding the switch in place. :)
Yes it is mysterious, and also the part that gets used the most, the clicky, is also a very hard, at least on my Jet-1.

One of the biggest reasons I love my Fenix lights is because the Fenix clickies are just simply perfect to use. Perfect pressure required, perfect feedback, and perfect intuitiveness to use.