Which nitecore black or silver?

Whitch Nitecore Defender Infinity do you prefer?

• The black one

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • The silver one

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the black one from the first batch and I believe that this color is in line with its 'tactical' design. The chrome finish is nice but IMO better suited for a less aggressive design.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, maybe I am color blind, but my NDI isn't black. It is a dark pewter - which looks like a dark metalic grey with a hint of green in it. We might argue what we call this color but it certainly isn't black. Whatever color you call it, I prefer it to the silver. The darker color gives it a more military look; the silver a bit too flashy for the military or my tastes.

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
OK, maybe I am color blind, but my NDI isn't black. It is a dark pewter.

do you have the first model with the bright light decal on it?or the new one withought it.

I think the first defenders had a pewter finish but the more current or new ones are black.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 NDI's. One was from HKEquipment without the head imprinting but with narrow threads. The second one came recently from TAD with the wider spaced threads. Neither is what I would call black.

If you have an NDI, look at the rubber switch boot. That switch boot is black. The body of the light does not match that color, does it?

Last edited:

Aluminous

Enlightened
BabyDoc said:
OK, maybe I am color blind, but my NDI isn't black. It is a dark pewter - which looks like a dark metalic grey with a hint of green in it. We might argue what we call this color but it certainly isn't black. Whatever color you call it, I prefer it to the silver. The darker color gives it a more military look; the silver a bit too flashy for the military or my tastes.
I think you're right; look at the photos below (compare the kinda-black Nitecore Defender Infinity to the true-black wristwatch).

dibg8.jpg

The 'black' one is like this:

phantom1og1.jpg

disrn4.jpg

The 'silver' one is like this: ;)

rolexmasterpiece2bn5.jpg

copperfox

Enlightened
That black watch looks awesome. When I looked it up I almost died. :faint:

$5250!

Aluminous

Enlightened
That black watch looks awesome. When I looked it up I almost died. :faint:

$5250!

Yeah, I know the feeling. :broke: I don't get any closer than online photos. ;)

But it looks like a bargain compared to the other watch (platinum), which is $250,000! :ohgeez:

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Even if I had the choice ...I would have picked black due to its a tactical light,just my prefrence.:popcorn: