E2e, MNO3 or KL?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just got my KL1 today and it's awesome. i'm wondering if i should keep my E2e with the mno3 or put the KL1 on it? i got the KL1 with an E1e(combo from dan).

it's hard to carry both lights with all the crap i already have and the short clip on the E1e plus it being top heavy doesn't carry well or seem secure.

wondering what most cpf'ers do.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I have my KL1 on a E1 and carry it in my left front pocket.

The runtime plots I did with the KL1 indicates about 1 3/4 hours with one 123 battery and 5 hours with two 123 batteries. The runtime plots were done using the UBH system.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i thought about using my pocket, still considering it, but i don't want the body or pyrex to get scratched up.

if i did carry in my pocket i guess i could remove the clip.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
I have my KL1 on a E1 and carry it in my left front pocket.

The runtime plots I did with the KL1 indicates about 1 3/4 hours with one 123 battery and 5 hours with two 123 batteries. The runtime plots were done using the UBH system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roy,

If that's 5 hours in full regulation I'm really impressed because KL1+ UBH 3x123 only gets six hours before that severe downward spike.

Any idea why?

Brightnorm

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, with a little trial and error i figured out where to stash my extra light. clipped to my shirt pocket, which i can tip out and just about aim it at any angle to light up what i'm looking at, and that 5th pocket on jeans/shorts.

i like the idea of having the E2e with 60lu and the compact E1e with KL1 and 15lu. the KL1 is just plain cool, brighter than i expected.

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
i thought about using my pocket, still considering it, but i don't want the body or pyrex to get scratched up.

if i did carry in my pocket i guess i could remove the clip.

[/ QUOTE ]

tkl, there's some related info on E lenses and the need for protecting them here

btw, glad to hear your verdict on the KL1. I'm still waiting for mine, but the plan is to mate it to an E1e (which I also don't have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

Mrdi

Enlightened
The E1e and KL1 combo is way kool, tidy and just enuf lite.
If you need a little more illumination, pull out the Sixer!!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Brightnorm....
the KL1 2x123 was 5 hours at full flat regulation. The KL1 3x123 was 6 hours of full flat regulation and about an extra 2 hours of partial regulation. I atribute the 2 hours of partial regulation to battery recovery. It looks to me that the KL1 is optimized for 2x123 use.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I recommend leaving the KL1 on the E1. It's ten times more useful to me than the MN01. The MN03, however is nice and wonderful, and I use the E2e/MNO3 much more often than the E2e/Kl1.