Head-down clip for SureFires

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
I've seen that some SureFire lights come with clips, but I don't that majority of these clips will carry the light head-up.

So, my question is where, if any, can I get clips that will allow me to carry either the L or E series SureFires head-down?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen that some SureFire lights come with clips, but I don't that majority of these clips will carry the light head-up.

So, my question is where, if any, can I get clips that will allow me to carry either the L or E series SureFires head-up?

Thanks.

All of Surefire's clips will hold the lights head up, except the ones on the E1B, the U2, and the K2. Everything else is head up. The E1B can actually be clipped head up too.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww.. that's too bad :(
Thanks anyway.

I don't understand why you're sad. Am I missing something? You asked if there were any clips that allow the L and E-series head-up...and I told you that they're all head up (except for the U2, K2, E1B). So shouldn't you be happy?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
HERE is a neat clip on a SF G2. It should work for all C/P/G/Z series lights (any with 1" tailcap)

The Novatac clips, old and new models, tend to work much better on polymer Surefires than aluminum ones.

Brigadier

Enlightened
The Novatac clips, old and new models, tend to work much better on polymer Surefires than aluminum ones.

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other in my experience. I've used the NovaTac clips on a G2, a 9P, 3 6P's, and an M2 all with great success. The only caveat is that on some OLDER 6P's, once you install the clip, the twist for constant on will not work as the tailcap can no longer twist far enough.

thegeek

Enlightened
If you can find a Vital Gear body it will work for any E-series head. They made them in 1, 2, and 3 cell versions. Not sure if they still make them or not.

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I'm lookinf for head-down clips forA and L series instead of C/P/G/Z series.

Will try to hunt down those Vital Gear bodies, they come with clips or is it that they will fit the E head and then I get a clip for 1" body?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other in my experience. I've used the NovaTac clips on a G2, a 9P, 3 6P's, and an M2 all with great success. The only caveat is that on some OLDER 6P's, once you install the clip, the twist for constant on will not work as the tailcap can no longer twist far enough.

The old style Novatac clip was far too loose on my 6P. Put the clip on my G2, without bending it in the slightest, and got a much tighter fit.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some very old SF lanyard rings for the 6/9p etc, that have a head down pocket clip integrated into the lanyard ring. My buddy Eric has one on the 6p that he carries on his duty belt. I've offered to but it several times but no-go. There might be some on ebay or at a surplus store/site somewhere. I'm kinda bummed sf doesn't make them anymore.

Brigadier

Enlightened
The old style Novatac clip was far too loose on my 6P. Put the clip on my G2, without bending it in the slightest, and got a much tighter fit.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I used only the new style clips on my SureFires except I used the old style clip that came with my 85T on my M2.