Lost and found - When you find lights in the oddest places.

NightFlyer

Newly Enlightened
So I went to play some pinball tonight and lo and behold, I shoot the ball into an under-playfield "scoop" where the ball is then kicked back up towards you. Only this time, I heard a muffled crack and then the thud of the ball landing on the floor of the game. Rare, but after many years, all that impact and kicking takes its toll and metal brackets break.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been. The broken coil bracket was one for which I actually had a spare. And as a bonus, after raising the playfield, replacing the bracket and putting Humpty Dumpty back together, I then set about to find the lost ball. So I am using my trusty X5 and I find the ball which naturally rolled towards the front of the machine and stopped right next to another shiny thing - my lost 3xAA MagLED!

So, yeah ok, it's a Mag. No big deal, but this one is solid and doesn't flicker. The best part is solving the mystery of where it had gone. I now remember I was using it several months back when working on that very machine doing some regular cleaning work.

So now I have another very usable light handy. And I *still* plan to buy an Ra Twisty, along with keeping my X5 and the Inova T2 I've just ordered... and the ROV SE 2xAA 3w I bought yesterday..

It's all you guys' fault...really!

But at least there's no lack of reliable lights around here!

tricker

Enlightened
i got a 3xAA mag in my car......its got eneloops and i don't ever think about the light till i need it so its "lost" or forgotten about most of the year.....very dependable

PJ

Enlightened
My brother was driving near Adrian, MI and saw what looked like a piece of radiator hose in the road. He stopped to kick it out of the way and it turned out to be a flashlight. I don't recall the name but it runs on 3 D cell batteries and has 10 5mm LEDs in it. IIRC the manufacturer claims 700 hour run time. He found it about 2 years ago and is still using it in the garage.