Not having much luck with JetBeam

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
A while ago I got hold of a Jet 1 MK IBS via eBay, and while I thought it was a very nice little torch, it gave up the ghost after a few days and wouldn't change modes any more. I arranged with the seller (Scopeandlaser - very pleasant chap to deal with) to replace it, and took up his offer of replacing it with a Jet 1 Pro IBS since the MKs were out of stock.

Well my Jet 1 Pro IBS rolled up today and while it's a very solid little thrower with the great IBS interface, it has a very annoying flickering/pulsing on any of its brightness modes below 50%. I've seen this sort of thing on HDS/Novatac torches where the beam flickers slightly for a few seconds after changing modes, but it always settles down. This doesn't.

The problem only appears using 1.2, 1.5 and 1.7V batteries. Using 3.0V Li primary and a 3.6V Li Ion the flickering is not present.

I've cleaned contacts, relubed it, swore etc, nothing seems to fix the flickering on the lower voltage cells. A real shame, since the light is otherwise great.

I really can't be bothered going through the replacement process again, so I wonder if anyone else has seen this behaviour or knows of a fix?