Romisen RC-N3 vs Jet-1 MK I.B.S.

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
I just received both of these lights this week. I wanted a cheap light for work and a small one for EDC.

The Romisen has max output of 150 Lumens and the Jet-1 a max of 130 Lumens (on a regular AA).

Now when I first used the RC-N3 I was really surprised at how bright this $20 light was. Now today when I used my Jet-1 for the first time, I was really dissapointed in it's brightness.

Yes I am only using a regular Energizer AA in the Jet-1 right now and I know that it will run brighter with a Lithium in it.

So what I'm wondering is, does 20 lumens really show that big of a difference or is it just me?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Beam angle can also be a factor. A narrower beam can appear brighter then a wider beam of more power.

It could also be the battery. NiMh batteries can take much more drain without sagging in voltage compared to an alkaline battery.

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
Well I put a brand new Energizer Lithium in it and I saw absoluteley no difference at all. Is it possible that it didn't arrive with it set to maximum brightness? That's the only other thing I could think of.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
What batteries are you using for the RC-N3? The standard RC-N3 is not nearly 150 lumens on 2xAAs or a CR123a. The Q5 version on fresh RCR123s may be close though.