Cree Warm White

allburger

Enlightened
Well today I got my hands on a new Cree Warm White tint. I know that the output on these things isn't up to the standard of the new Q5's and R2's but I figured I'd install it in a P60 Drop in to try it out.

0621081831ahh4.jpg

As you can see, I put it into my G2 to try it out.
0621081851ajp5.jpg

And here is a shot of the beam pattern and the tint.
0621081824axw0.jpg

It's kind of a neat drop in that I have now. It's not something that I'm going to use alot but its kinda neat to have a cree led drop in with an incandescent tint to it.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cree N4 Warm White

Do you know the tint code?
Should be a number followed by a letter 5A, 7A, 8B etc..
CreeXR-ENeutral-WarmWhite.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I like the more incandescent-tinted/warm LEDs for outdoors use; the standard Cree with its otherworldly-cold tone looks awesome indoors or in urban situations, but is completely out of place outdoors/in nature, where I prefer the Luxeon Rebels.

Got any Rebel emitters you can do comparative beamshots with? I'd love to see where the warm Cree stands vs the Luxeon..

allburger

Enlightened
I would say that the craziest part of this light is the simple fact that not many people have ever seen an led flashlight that isnt blueish white. People see the color and they automatically think LED...Now you can have a light that is easy on the eyes and people won't believe that its an LED.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't an LED binned this yellow (warm) have less output per input than a cooler (blueish) one?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't an LED binned this yellow (warm) have less output per input than a cooler (blueish) one?

That's why they are in lower flux bins. Dies that in cool white would be Q4/Q5/R2 end up as P4/Q2 when they're pushing light through all that phosphor.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the more incandescent-tinted/warm LEDs for outdoors use; the standard Cree with its otherworldly-cold tone looks awesome indoors or in urban situations, but is completely out of place outdoors/in nature, where I prefer the Luxeon Rebels.

Got any Rebel emitters you can do comparative beamshots with? I'd love to see where the warm Cree stands vs the Luxeon..

Funny you should ask.

EV_007

Enlightened
Wow, that does look nice. Any hint of green in the beam to the naked eye? Even the Rebel have a slightly greenish look to them, to me anyways.

allburger

Enlightened
This one has no green to it, it is yellowish with a hint of red maybe. Its so hard to gauge the tint of these things. The color is slightly warmer than a surefire p60 incan.

I'd be interested to try their neutral white tint to see if that is more similar to an incandescent overdriven nice white.