Suggestions for decent holsters for Inova T1 and T2

pilou

Enlightened
I guess there are the cheapie open top nylon holsters that some vendors throw in for a couple of more bucks. Then there are the ones with flaps, like the Ripoffs and Maxpeditions. And then there are some very cheap ones with flaps on dealextreme.

I am not looking for holsters that I will be carrying the whole time. I just want something that I can wear if I ever need to, and mostly to protect the lights from getting banged around in say a glove box. I guess the open top ones aren't great for that, especially for the T2.

What are your suggestions and experiences?

Thanks.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also found that the Fenix 3PD holder works to hold the 2 CR123 Surefire/Solarforce flashlights face up. It should hold either of the Inova's you mentioned. May not even have to have them face up. If you have some type of cord on the back end they will probably slide in face down as the sides of the holder are stretchy. They have them at Lighthound.

But I have had some of the best luck simply going to the gun shows where they sell all kinds of accessory pouches for pocket knives and hangun magazines that could work typically for $5 or less.

If I want it to be a stiff or "hard" case, I take the flashlight, wrap it no more than 2 times around with manilla folder stock. Then wrap it again with more, tape it up. Cut up a 2 liter soda bottle for the plastic into the proper sheet size, wrap that no more than 2 times around the flashlight, tape it up good (except of course for what will be the top opening) and slide it into the pouch/holster of choice. I then pull out the flashlight, take off the first layer of manilla folder, and find that the flashlight slides right in and out without too much extra slop. Typically it was a good medium size folding pocket knife holster that now becomes a perfectly round slide in flashlight holster. I have done three like this and they work great. Including for a Fenix T1 that I cut the clip off and put on the SureFire grip ring. The whole thing slide in face down and I grab it out by the pull cord on the tail cap or the tailcap directly.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Stallion Leather leather T1 and T4 belt cases, though I most often use a cordura belt case for the T1.

The Stallion Leather T1 case sits a bit too far above my belt for comfort, so I used some "tricks" to lower it. See this EDC Forums thread for details.

inova-t1-in-case.jpg

stock-holster.jpg

cord-in-use.jpg

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maxpedition holsters provide good protection and light retention as long as you don't mind the velcro.Velcro is noisy and can wear out over time.The Maxspedition holsters are very good quality.I have a Stallion leather holster as well(INOVA T1).It is very good quality but will take some "breaking in" as the leather is very stiff.