Surefire - By Royal Appointment :)

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
I was watching the BBC news on TV this morning, and there was an article about Price Harry doing some charity work in Lesotho, when I spotted something interesting - he was wearing a Surefire hat! Here is a link to the same thing on the BBC web site. It seems Surefire has fans in high places :). I would guess it's because he may use them whilst in the military, but I don't know if the UK military uses them as a matter of course. Anyone know for sure?

Dave.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Nice! :twothumbs

SureFires are not routinely issued to our Armed Forces - except for special forces units. These likely include those protecting His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales when he is overseas (these could be SAS or RMP).
In the UK his protection and security is handled by SO14.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Good catch.
Hats perhaps but I very much doubt our military would give out Surefire torches as standard kit when they can't even manage body armour or working radios.

Teh

Newly Enlightened
Makes you wonder, if he is a forum member on CPF too?:twothumbs

capt.0113f766b7fb4547972d89953787d079.lesotho_prince_harry_xth113.jpg

r700825203.jpg

r3286332558.jpg

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok so my question is: Where can I get a hat like that?

SureFire used to be selling apparel through their website, but that particular page has read "Keep Your Shirt On. New SureFire Apparel is Coming Soon." for some time now.

Regards,
Tempest

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised that non of you knew that Prince Henry is a flashaholic... he goes by the name of Hodsta on CPF and has been very active in both the aquisition of high end lights and charitable too.

Am I the only one that knew this?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I am surprised that non of you knew that Prince Henry is a flashaholic... he goes by the name of Hodsta on CPF and has been very active in both the aquisition of high end lights and charitable too.

We all know this but you're the only one to ruin the pretence :poke:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is that really true?

lux lumin

Newly Enlightened
OK do you guy's intend to submit a new look home page complete with Royal Warrent. I was just saying to my wife the 'Hodsta' has style...

I wonder what the Royal Collection contains, I should think the Prince could do better than Surefire however what a fantastic wee bit of advertising and plugging a qauility product.

I will be making a flashy for the 'Hodsta' I don't expect he has 'Aspherical MiniMag?' Or maybe somebody could correct me???

It's a small world and now the forum has closed in on me :thumbsup:

Aluminous

Enlightened
Makes you wonder, if he is a forum member on CPF too?:twothumbs

capt.0113f766b7fb4547972d89953787d079.lesotho_prince_harry_xth113.jpg
r700825203.jpg
r3286332558.jpg

Cool :D Who'd have guessed.

I rehosted this one on imageshack... I think Yahoo News usually only keeps photos available for about a month and then they disappear.

r3286332558ie5.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic
It is not generally known, but Size15s has the job of dealing with all the CPF aliases for members of the British Royal family. He's the one who hands out freebies such as that SF hat Prince Harry is wearing.

B@rt deals with most of the other European heads of state, although Bernie (Kiessling) looks after his own President in Germany.

The remainder of the world leaders are shared out between the rest of us. Greta decides who among us gets which country. She deals personally with the White House.

I myself have the unenviable job of dealing with a bunch of rather moth-eaten 3rd-world dictators. However, one of my first acts on becoming a moderator was to ban Robert Mugabe for trolling (I'm not going to reveal his CPF handle here) and since then the rest of them have been making an effort to behave. It just needs a firm hand every now and then to keep them on topic.

lux lumin

Newly Enlightened
DM51

Question I am stupid! What is trolling?

As for moth balled 3rd world dictators only you being the moderator could get away with that. Do you mean that his Excellency Bob Gabby Mubaby is also a flashaholic? Why did you only ban him for trolling I would have sent him a very nice bright present that :poof: when activated.

Just an idea but what a nice sideline for us chaps brighten up the world:sssh:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trolling or baiting royalty MIGHT have some serious drawbacks...:whistle:....yet another reason to make sure to think twice, then, think again before posting.

Crenshaw

Last edited: