Nitecore EX10 Washed & Dried !!

Budman231

Enlightened
Well I've always feared forgetting my edc in the pocket of my shorts and sending it thorugh a full laundry cycle... I can now say that my EX10 survived flawlessly... A full wash with laundry soap, spin dry, then a good hot session bumping around in the dryer.

I realized it was still clipped to the pocket in a pair of shorts. I grabbed it with minor panic on my face and tried to turn it on.. I frantically clicked the piston again and again ... Nothing. I thought Oh Sh#! I did it this time. I opened it up and there was no visible moisture in the tube. Nor was there anything in the lens.

I ran to grab another 3V tenergy cell from my P2D and WALLLA ! Nice bright light just like before scrubbing. Turns out the cell that was in there was down to 1.2volts.

Dodged that bullet and happy to report that the EX10 can be washed and dried on the "MORE DRY" setting... :whistle:

Bud

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the piston got bumped and turn the light on, and drained your battery. :)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice test ! :D

Was there much in the way of wear marks on the light after you retrieved it? Just wondering how the HA III held up under something like that.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was the light all nice and fluffy after the dryer? I use downey sheets to give it that extra touch of softness. :nana:

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the piston got bumped and turn the light on, and drained your battery.

I've dropped my EX-10 onto the carpet from about 4 feet and it turned on. This was with the head screwed down tight in 'clicky' mode.

A dryer 'bump' might very well do the same thing.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I saw somewhere that this is the preferred light for all housewifes (sorry, homemakers) and it is specifically designed to BE washed but only on cold or warm. It said to avoid hot water..something with insufficient heatsink or something like that

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Be careful not to wash it with colored clothes or you could end up with an unexpected tint :)

:dedhorse: <- Always wanted to use that one.

Anyway, glad to hear it came out OK- I've been considering the AA version forever. +1 on wanting to know how the finish held up on your light. Also, you said "clipped" to the pocket in your shorts. Do these things come with a clip? If not, what are you using? A clip would be quite useful for both versions of these lights.

NetGod3Com

Newly Enlightened
Interesting story, I have yet to do the same, but I am sure it is a matter of when, not if in my case.:D

Great to know
1. That you did not damage your light.
2. That it will stand up to that kind of abuse.

Did it make it through the entire dry cycle? If so, were you not present while this happened or have you managed to damage your hearing?:thinking: I would imagine that it would have made a heck off a racket while drying.

On a side note did the punished cell take a charge or did the heat kill it?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides, if this is to have any value as a torture test, you should also have ironed it :)