Which one will you buy? Arc6 or Ra Clicky?

Which one will you buy? Arc6 or Ra Clicky?

• Total voters

Haz

Enlightened
I'm been reading into both of these 2 lights and looking to purchase one of them. There are 'good' points and 'bad' points about both of these lights, and want some feedback if you were to choose one of these lights, based on the current available information, which one will you choose and why, thanks. My observations on the RaClicky are based largely on the RaTwisty, which i heard is very similar, but the difference is the Clicky mechanism. My observation on the Arc6 is based on preproduction ones that are available already, and have been reviewed by many reviewers. I understand that the production models will use a different led.

Here are some of my thoughts, you may agree or disagree with them.

I quite like the Arc6 size, the small size seems to be very pocket friendly and the design of light has been proven to be very rugged on the McGizmo lights. The higher output that it can produce is very attractive, because i like the fact, you can utilise the highest output the led is able to produce. However, the light does not look to be as efficient as other lights. Seems to drop off in output quite quicky, and produce less overall light.

The Ra, based on the Twisty seems to have pretty good runtime and efficiency. HDS has proven overtime that they have been very good at thermal management and runtime efficiency. I'm pretty certain this feature will be retained in the Clicky. The only downside i see is the size of the light and the brightness of the light. The size appears significantly larger than the Arc6 and the brightness has been 'capped' by the design of the light.

scottaw

Enlightened
I'm probably going to grab a Clicky, I just love my novatac so much, and i'm sure the clicky will be in some way even better, low red as a level option hopefully.

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
when the RA cliky comes out I will get it, and I will most likly pick up a production Arc6

wild68fury

Newly Enlightened
Lets see there is a bidding war for the Arc 6 and the current price is $325.00 I am not sure how much the Ra Clicky will go for but if it is more than $100 I will buy a 4sevens EX-10.

smopoim86

Enlightened
I'll probably get a CR version of the RaClicky.

Because of the business ethics, Auctioning of the Arc6, I wouldn't buy one of them regardless of how attractive i may find the light.

dixemon

Enlightened
Im going to have to go with the clicky. Based on my Twisty, and many previously owned products made by Henry. The durability and user interface all just seem to suit me better. I handled a prototype Arc6, and while it was a nice light, I didnt quite like the pressure sensitive user interface, or the slick feel. It was a nice looking light though, and very bright (for a short time), got super hot fast on the max setting. I dont have any shelf queens, so I am always looking for the best and most durable tools. Thus, Clicky

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for Ra clicky.
A friend of mine got arc6 from ebay and I had an opportunity to play around with it for a while. First of all, I was surprised that my friend paid much more than $400 for that. And the light did not impress me that much. On the other hand, I have HDS U60 and sold my novatac120p (I thought HDS was much better than novatac), and I would trust RaClicky if it's in that line of quality.
Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see, soon. :)

candlelight001

Newly Enlightened
I'll get a Clicky. Love the Twisty. Also, this is just my opinion, doesn't have to be anyone elses: Henry is unbelievably accessible and great to deal with. He's answered all of my questions via phone and email and gone above and beyond in customer service. The customer service is the only way I personally can justify paying $200 for a flashlight... And I have to say, the vibe in the Arc threads doesn't feel as good. Again, I realize it's not really a comment about the lights, but when you're paying so much, other subjective factors do come into play.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Clicky for me:wave: The twisty is rock solid, hoping the clicky version is as well!

Mayo