Ultrafire C1... Mini Review! + Help Needed

thebigjim

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
Just received my Ultrafire C1 from DX today. Only had five mins to go over it so far. Firstly im amazed at how small it is. Build wise, it feels nice in the hand, has a smooth matt anodised finish. Mine has a little scratch on the head, but nothing to worry about, as i only payed £10 for it in the first place. Threads have lots of lubricant on them, so all good there. Also it seems to have a rubber ring of sorts about half way down, this makes it easy to grip in a cigar type fashion.

Question 1) I have 2 x CR123 Primary batteries to test it with. Now im a bit new with LED's, and have been reading about people frying their torches by putting the batteries in the wrong way round. Could comeone please tell me the correct way to insert them. If people do not know what this torch is, its got a Q5 drop in, and takes 2 x CR123, Do i put the batteries in with the nobbly bit pointing towards the emitter end of it?
Any help would be great, ill try to put some beamshots up later if i can work out how to do it.

Overall im very happy, feels a bit light, little bits of metal hanging off the threads, but I can buy loads of them cos they are cheap cheap cheap!
Hopefully the beam will be nice too!

Thanks in advance everyone!
James.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Battery nipple end goes towards the head, the flat end goes towards the tailcap. Hope you enjoy your new light.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice to replace it with a better p60 drop in, since the C1 comes with the DX famous "Super Bright Q5" and it pulls 500ma from a 4v li-ion. Not very bright in my opinion. I own the T1-Q5 with the same module.