Tactical Blue Dot

Sig Sauer

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried these lights? I have been searching the forum but with limited success.

Any beamshots available? How do these lights compare to other brand names like Surefire?

198 lumen for 2 hours and 90 lumen for 4.5 hours sounds great.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rebranded (overpriced) Nuwai lights if I remember correctly. Overinflated lumens claims (peak emitter lumens) would be my guess here. I know a while back these weren't met with much enthusiasm.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what i remember, they appear to be rebranded Nuwai flashlights.

They appeared to be overpriced for what they are.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fondled one, and was fairly pleased. Low is only 50%, some kind of Rebel emitter, and very good beam quality, in a fairly tight hotspot. Not necessarily something I'd seek out, but I'd not turn one down.

I'd be surprised if they can pump out 198 lumens for two hours. Rebel 100s and Cree Q5s are about as efficient, and Malkoff is using Q5s. 227 torch lumens for 90 minutes, or so I'm told, based on integrating sphere tests. That last 25 lumens can't squeeze efficiency down by a half hour, I'd think. However, the 70% optical efficiency implied means that if they're rating emitter lumens, 198 is pretty reasonable.

Go for it if you find a good deal (and share the love!), I guess.

Aluminous

Enlightened
According to the company (Brite-Strike), there is a big difference between their 'Protector' (consumer-oriented) and 'Blue Dot' (professional-oriented) lights! The 'Blue Dot' lights may be overrated/overpriced, but those apparently are not Nuwais. :)

The "Blue Dot" series are designed and assembled by them in the US, with manufacturing in Malaysia. The "Protector" series are rebranded Nuwai products.

d1dd1

Enlightened
The blue dot series looks similar to the Walther RBL series, which is cheaper