Problem with BOG Drop In with M2 bezel

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I just got my new Bug Out Gear "Super Premium" Drop-In module in the mail today, but it won't seem to work in my Surefire M2 bezel (new style). The module fits and works fine in my 6P, with the Drop-In spring removed, but when I try it in the M2, it will work when loosely held in place in the mouth of the body tube, but when the bezel is screwed down, nothing at all - HELP !!

roymail

Enlightened
I just got my new Bug Out Gear "Super Premium" Drop-In module in the mail today, but it won't seem to work in my Surefire M2 bezel (new style). The module fits and works fine in my 6P, with the Drop-In spring removed, but when I try it in the M2, it will work when loosely held in place in the mouth of the body tube, but when the bezel is screwed down, nothing at all - HELP !!

It may need that contract ring that BOG mentions at the bottom of the order page for that P60 drop in module.

If it works OK in your 6P then you know it's a contact issue.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
It may need that contract ring that BOG mentions at the bottom of the order page for that P60 drop in module.

If it works OK in your 6P then you know it's a contact issue.
In the options for this module, on the BOG website, I selected M2 from the drop down list, so I thought it would be the right one.

Where does the contact ring fit? I can't see any difference between the C2/M2 tube and the 6P at the front end.

roymail

Enlightened
I don't have one... I just read about that here on this forum. You're not the first one to have this problem. Without a spring, sometimes it's a problem to get the contact just right.

Call Flavio and he'll take care of this for you.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I don't have one... I just read about that here on this forum. You're not the first one to have this problem. Without a spring, sometimes it's a problem to get the contact just right.

Call Flavio and he'll take care of this for you.

We have many customers currently using our modules with the Surefire M2. Most Surefire flashlights don't require the spring, however the M2 does. Are you using it with the spring that was included? (all modules now come with the same spring). If yes, then you may want to try to turn the bottom portion of the module 1 full turn counter clockwise. This will elongate the module by 1-2mm. Let me know if that solves your issue.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Excellent Advice !!

Yes, that tip worked, it's now a working flashlight!

I really confused me, that it would work in the 6P, which has basically the same tube as the centurion type, but not with the M2 head, I never would have spotted that it could be adjusted (even if this is a side effect of the assembly method).

Thanks guys, for the speedy advice on this one.

Nigel.

We have many customers currently using our modules with the Surefire M2. Most Surefire flashlights don't require the spring, however the M2 does. Are you using it with the spring that was included? (all modules now come with the same spring). If yes, then you may want to try to turn the bottom portion of the module 1 full turn counter clockwise. This will elongate the module by 1-2mm. Let me know if that solves your issue.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com