Flashlight Question-when will Fenix and others like Surefire use the Seoul p7 led?

MoreLumens4Me

Newly Enlightened
Hello this is my first post and I am new here so if this answer is somewhere else just close it and redirect the question. Ok the question is when is Fenix going to put the Seoul p7 emitter into their flashlights. I already own a Fenix P3d q5 and am very pleased but didn't feel that getting the Tk10 or Tk11 would give me much of a lumens boost so I was wondering when they were planning on coming out as I saw that others that I am not as fimiliar with like solarforce and trustfire and aurora have these new bright lights.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It might be a while since most of the smaller batteries aren't able to supply the full 2.8 amp of the Seoul P7.

Surefire is making at least one, I'll let you find it by yourself.

4sevens did try a T1 P7 mod(or was it Tk10) but he didn't like it so he shot it with a pistol.

The Aurora and similar lights are lower priced lights. Some can be crap while others can be very good. Aurora, Solarforce, Trustfire, Ultrafire all seem to fall withing the decent to good range quality wise in that price range.

:welcome:

MoreLumens4Me

Newly Enlightened
Well maybe could Fenix use 2 rechargeable 18650s, or simply 3 or more cr123'sto get the higher voltage? And also a 900 lumen flashlight the size of the p3d q5 isn't probable since that would generate too much heat but I would settle for say if it comes out the Fenix Tk12 with 900 lumens and a low setting or two that would be ideal for me.:D

BBL

Enlightened
lower efficiency, less throw - i dont think surefire aims at that.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hello this is my first post and I am new here so if this answer is somewhere else just close it and redirect the question. Ok the question is when is Fenix going to put the Seoul p7 emitter into their flashlights. I already own a Fenix P3d q5 and am very pleased but didn't feel that getting the Tk10 or Tk11 would give me much of a lumens boost so I was wondering when they were planning on coming out as I saw that others that I am not as fimiliar with like solarforce and trustfire and aurora have these new bright lights.

There are multiple problems with using the P7, first it needs a lot of power, either a 18650 (17670) or 3 * CR123 and this also means that a new driver circuit has to be designed.
Second, it is bigger than any other led and needs a new reflector design.
The seconds part can be solved, by waiting for the similar Cree led, it has same size as the noew used XR-E led, but same power as the P7 (it is also a 4 led design).

MoreLumens4Me

Newly Enlightened
I didn't even know that Cree was coming up with a new led to match the Seoul p7 that would be sweet!:popcorn:

By the way, any idea when this new led would be coming out and how long it would take a manufacturer like Fenix to put it into their product?:thinking:

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
lower efficiency, less throw - i dont think surefire aims at that.

Efficiency is similar to 4xCree Q5.
Throw isn't everything (how about SF L4?).
Surefire Invictus has (will have:thinking:) SSC P7.