!!! arghhh no!!!! M60 HELP!!!

Ctrain

Enlightened
I finally got home today to find my M60 had been delivered (Gene is so quick)
I droped it in my SF C2 head that has an adapter to an E2 body with clicky tail cap... and NOTHING!!!!!! does anyone know why? is it the lamp or my light or what? I have a 6P on the way and if someone tells me its the light I'll be fine... I'll just wait for my 6P but has this happened to anyone else... just need to know its ok... been hanging out for this lamp for ages!!!!!

HELP!

Niconical

Enlightened
The Malkoff website mentions that a copper washer is needed....

"For Surefire lights with shock-absorbing heads or bezels".

I don't know if the C2 is one of those, but if so it might explain it.

harddrive

Enlightened
The C2 is not shock-absorbing so you shouldn't need it. If you take the bezel off and wiggle the M60 around (with tailcap on) can you get it to light up?

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar problem when using E to C adapters. Some worked OK, some didn't work at all. I believe it's the anodising on the adapter that is not allowing electrical contact. At least that's the best I could determine.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Pete55555 is right, I also had the same problem with the E to C adapter with the M60, I just ended up selling it. Just wait for your 6P and use that as a host.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I was able to use my M30 with an older model Dspeck E2C adapter. Make sure that the E2C adapter is screwed all the way into the head of the C2, or adjust the seating depth of the E2C into the C2 head to see if that helps. The contact is with the top rim of the body and the bottom of the M60, or M30, and also, of course, the battery and spring when using my E2C.

Bill

generic808

Enlightened
Clint,

You see! Nothing to worry about as I said in the PM. It's the adapter that's your problem :thumbsup: Hopefully your new host will make it's accross the world journey quickly.

Eric

roymail

Enlightened
M60's are well known for their reliability. What you're describing is likely a contact problem as has been mentioned. It will work great in a 6P. :thumbsup:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Oh geezus... The 6P arrived today and guess what... Nothing! just the fainted of light!!!!! should this drop straight in??? should I send it back to Gene??

Yes, call him first. Don't wait for ten people to tell you this. Call him first thing in the morning. At some point he is traveling to Idaho, so the sooner the better to call.

Bill

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh geezus... The 6P arrived today and guess what... Nothing! just the fainted of light!!!!! should this drop straight in??? should I send it back to Gene??

First, I will assume the 6P came with its own lamp and you can check your batteries with it and it works fine on its own?

Second I will assume that you have at least 2 fairly good condition non rechargeable CR123 batteries for testing and they have some life in them.

Next I would say put those non rechargeables in the 6p facing forward (towards where the lamp will be). Take the bezel off the 6p, put the Malkoff unit it in and press it down with your thumb so that its making the best contact with the side wall for the return connection that it can make and see if its still very dim. Otherwise try a piece of Alumimun foil folded over and making good contact from the side of the malkoff case to the inside case wall of the 6P head. rotate the tailswitch till its on.

if it makes bright light, your mission is over. If it doesn't, send it back to Gene.

Tell us all the result of this simple test.

Ctrain

Enlightened
Ok, yep new batteries and all...
well I'm at work so thinga are limited however i've found a washer that i've placed on the battery... BANG straight in the eye... So the lamp is working but just not making connection. I screwed the head down but the washer must have moved and it only looked to be half power if even that. So I guess I just need to find something that will make contact with it...
I'll try and find some foil...

LumenMan

Enlightened
It would be a surprise if the M60 turned out to be bad. I could never imagine such a thing occuring with Gene's strict QC.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Careful playing around with the M60, you don't want to short it out. I would stop messing with it and call Gene tomorrow and tell him what you have done to try to correct your problem. Your fellow CPF'ers will give you 200 posts of possible corrections, if that is what you want. Drop in should have worked perfectly with the P60 right off.

Bill

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Ok, yep new batteries and all...
well I'm at work so thinga are limited however i've found a washer that i've placed on the battery... BANG straight in the eye...

:crackup::crackup:

Well it sounds like your drop in is working and it's just a contact issue. Just be careful with the one good eye that you have left.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well now that you've verified the module is working fine... completely dissasemble the light, remove the batteries etc. Drop the module in to the body and screw the head down nice and tight, insert batteries and try now. Since the M60 has no outer spring it relies on a good tight fit for proper contact. Whatever it is I'm sure you'll get it worked out asap.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ctrain I gotta tell you that your string of messages are more confusing than clear. I thought you said early in "bang, straight in the eye, that the module was working?

"Ok, yep new batteries and all...
well I'm at work so thinga are limited however i've found a washer that i've placed on the battery... BANG straight in the eye... So the lamp is working but just not making connection. "

what exactly did bang, straight in the eye actually mean???

Did at some point you get the module to put out lots of light or not?

Also you said "Well, tried everything without playing around too much... " which in itself is a contradiction. Are you saying you never found a way to get the module to give full power light or something else? Whenever it came on if at all it was always dim?

I am wondering if Gene is going to give you another fully functional module and you still won't get that one to work. :candle: