Will the HDS 17670 body tube fit a NovaTac?

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
The ones I bought work fine - just do not stick 2 RCR123's in, that will fry the NT circuit. Stick to 17670 and all will be fine, great runtime.

Russki

Enlightened
One major problem with this setup.
If light dropped, it will turn off, or start acting funny.
Not fully compatible.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem isn't between the tube and the light it's between the tube and the battery.

Using the 2x123 tube with any battery combo other than 2x123 with either NT or HDS lights will result in unreliability.

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
The problem isn't between the tube and the light it's between the tube and the battery.

Using the 2x123 tube with any battery combo other than 2x123 with either NT or HDS lights will result in unreliability.

AHhhh........ now i know why when i stand my NT up in thtis configuration and the tailcap bumps the tabletop, the NT turns itself off....

Enlightenment...:D

But in answer to the OP's question... YES it will work...

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never had any problems using 17670's in it with my EDC BASIC 42 XR GT.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never had any problems using 17670's in it with my EDC BASIC 42 XR GT.

Try tapping the tail of the light really hard against your palm or better yet try this.

Hold your your light by the head section so that the tail is facing up. Your thumb and index finger should also be up(like holding a beer bottle upside down). Now swing the light hard.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try tapping the tail of the light really hard against your palm or better yet try this.

Hold your your light by the head section so that the tail is facing up. Your thumb and index finger should also be up(like holding a beer bottle upside down). Now swing the light hard.

I tried it and had none of those issues.

Russki

Enlightened
I want to confirm my previous statement.
I had no issues with 17670 tube and my HDS lights.
And where is issues with Nowatac. Same tube.
:confused:

Latest posts