Will Older KL4 Work on New L1 Body?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
No.

Not unless the driver is removed and the body bored to accept 2 X 123 cells.
IF you do bore it out and use 2 cells it will work fine and so will the 2-stage tailcap:thumbsup:

The KL4 will work on a 1 cell body-E1e/E1L body, but will not run long in regulation.

Do you want a smaller form factor or 2 brightness levels?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Thought I replied last night, but my internet was flaky.

I want a tiny one cell flood machine with two levels. The KL4 currently works on my FB-1 quite well-very bright. And, I can put a McE2S tailcap on it (on a SF 1 cell body that is), and I get two levels of output, and the low is useful. Just wondering if the L1 circuitry will allow the same thing--great excuse to buy that light!

Last edited:

vtunderground

Enlightened
Just wondering if the L1 circuitry will allow the same thing--great excuse to buy that light!

The issue is that the KL4 head has regulation circuitry inside, while the L1 has regulation circuitry inside the body (not the head). I'm pretty sure that the KL4 won't even screw onto the L1 body... even if it could, you'd be trying to power the LED from the L1 circuit AND the KL4 circuit, and the light still wouldn't work.

alibaba

Enlightened
Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
As stated before: The L1 and L2 bodie are not compatible with ANY other E-series heads UNLESS the electronics are removed.