Most Lumens + Good Flood + Rechargeable = ???

yalskey

Enlightened
Here's what I'm searching for:

1. Lots of light (200 lumens minimum)

2. Good flood (maybe not quite as much as a Zebra light though)

3. Can use rechargeable Li-Ion's

4. Medium to small size (For reference, a Dereelight DBS would be too big)

5. If possible, some kind of anti-roll mechanism.

My purpose would be that I need a light to light-up a work area in my house so I can work on repairing something. I'd like to set the light on something and have it provide brightness to a medium sized area so I can see what I'm working on.

I've seen those Stanley tripod lights, but they are not bright enough and the beam quality is crap.

Any suggestions?

OceanView

Enlightened
One option that is fresh in my mind from another recent thread--Malkoff drop-in plus a diffuser. Big, even, wall of light with no hotspot. Would seem to make an ideal kind of light for a worklight. Runtime could be an issue, depending on your needs, unless you're OK with battery changes in the middle of your work.

yalskey

Enlightened
The M60F does seem like a good candidate. Can it run off of just about any type of battery?

What's the best host for the M60F?.... think: anti-roll.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Any P60 accepting light should work with the M60 drop-ins(M60, M60L, M60LL, M60F, M60LF).

They accept 3.8v-9v so anything within there works. 2 CR123s, 3 CR123s, and 2 Li-ion batteries all work. 1 Li-ion works too but it won't regulate for long.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Considered OLight?

Certainly bright enough, and even though it's known for throw, it still has significant flood. I'm shining it on my wall as I type this and at a 10ft distance, spill is 8ft in diameter. A properly sized drink cap or something similar would give you a nice diffuser.

Anti Roll

2xCR123, or you could get one of the AA versions if that's preferred

Lanyard Holes for hanging above your workspace with fishing line and a fishing swivel if so desired

IMO significantly smaller than 6P sized lights

Probably cheaper overall than buying a Malkie and an anti rolling host

Variable brightness so you can pick the right amount of light for the task

ambientmind

Enlightened
If you want something really small, the lumapower incendio is a single rcr123a light with a really nice floody beam, 3 modes, and a clip to keep it from rolling or you can obviously slip it to something near what youre working on.
here's a link to a review on it and other small lights you might want to check out.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201117