picture request : SF E1/KL1 and Arc LSH-P

Kiu

Enlightened
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1 is indeed pretty big, but I am still eager to try out my green one that should be arriving sometime next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
As far as I can figure, the E1/KL1 is just about exactly the same length as the LSH-P with the pushbutton tailcap. It would be nice to see a pic of them side by side with the pushbutton cap on the LSH.

Meanwhile, the KL1 makes a nice accessory for the E2 (longer runtime at lower light output) but I don't see any point any more to the MN01 incandescent head for the E1. The KL1 has longer runtime, slightly higher output, and doesn't burn out. I wonder if SF will start selling the E1/KL1 combination without the incandescent head.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Damn, that L1 is pretty big for a 1-cell light.

[/ QUOTE ]

circuitry and dual stage tailcap. i can do without.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
I wonder if SF will start selling the E1/KL1 combination without the incandescent head.

[/ QUOTE ]

they should. in the meantime dan does.

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, you're right about the L1, from the pic I had assumed it was a two cell light. I really really like the two light levels but I don't understand why they had to make it so big. If they made it the same size as the E1/KL1 (or smaller), I'd be a lot more interested.

Meanwhile I also didn't realize the KL1 head is slightly longer than the E1/E2 head. That means the E1/KL1 will be a little longer than the LSH with the pushbutton cap. Really, I prefer the shorter twistie cap on the LSH and am disappointed that Arc doesn't make it any more. It means for me that LSH vs E1/KL1 is sort of a toss-up.

Thanks for the pointer to Tactical Warehouse. They do sell the E1/KL1 without the incandescent head but the savings are very small. They also sell the E2/KL1 w/o the incandescent head but for the E2, I think the incandescant head is worth having so you can set up the light for high output.

Meanwhile, Surefire's web page doesn't mention a lumen output for the L1, but it has 4x the run time on a single 123 compared to the L1. That suggests it's quite a bit dimmer. So that's another reason to like the E1/KL1 combination better than the L1.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The E2 or E2E or E2O light + the KL1 + the MN02/03 + the E2C adapter + the P60/61 + the beamshaper/color lenses makes this light one of the most versitile and pocketable lights available. There's really no comparision to anything else like it.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I see the pic just fine... his host for the pic may have been temporarily down.

I also didn't realize the L1 Lumamax was so long, at least compared to the KL1/E1e combo, or even the Arc LSH-P. Out of the three, however, I'd prefer the LSH-P for its compactness.

-Jim

paulr

Flashaholic
So can someone explain something to me, if we're talking about the E2/KL1 or the L1, how are those things really better than a MiniMag 2AA and a MadMax? They're only a little bit shorter and they probably weigh just as much, they're far more expensive, they use 123's instead of AA's, etc.

Someone sold a nice Madmax setup (Q-bin emitter, Kroll switch, upgraded lens, etc.) on B/S/T for $50 yesterday and I resisted buying it but now regret resisting. I'm wondering what the point is of holding out for an E2/KL1
that costs over 2x as much. The Arc LS is much smaller but I still don't think I want to pay that much for the size reduction. Am I missing something? Any thoughts?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an ARC LSH-P and find it to be as bright as my E1E/KL1 and the ARC has a whiter more attractive beam in my opinion. The E1E by itslef is kind of limited except I like the pocket clip. I just ordered and E2E for a better beam and the edc nature of it with the pocket clip. Your question is as much about style as anything else, however they do take cheap 123 lithium batteries so you can pretty much count on them having some juice when you need it. The ARC premium version is a wonderful pocket light, glides in so easily, can hardly remember it's in there, the E surefire stuff is similar but not as nice except they do have the clip. If you just stick a light in your pocket and it's a bit large, something always seems wrong or out of place. It must simply be comfortable or the price thing doesn't matter at all. Either it feels good, unobtrusive, or it doesn't and that's probably a turnoff to a lot of people about the mag stuff.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've understood why you would want to have your flashlight at the bottom of your pocket rather than clipped inside it for fast access. For me one of the biggest disadvantages of the Arcs is that they do not have PocketClips making them worthless as my EDC.

Each to their own I suppose...

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

onelight

Enlightened
I like a short lanyard with a knot or bead on my LS I leave the lanyard hanging out of my pocket a few inches,it gives easy access to the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and I have never had a lanyard catch on a seatbelt and pull the light from my pocket.Lost a couple of good knives to seatbelts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Well now I see 3 red X's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
Right click*show Picture nope
F5 took a little longer 2 red x's then the 3rd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
Oh well I wasn't going to spend the $ anyhow "Just wanted to look" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Check this pic out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
hehumpsgilbey.jpg