Gatlight Titanium Mini review....

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I don't have any beamshots.

I haven't seen much talk about the Newest Gatlight. I think this is the best one yet!

It is brighter than the earlier versions. The new style knob looks much better to me.

The switch turns much smoother than the earlier one also. It is now copper with gold plating.
The led's are v-bin
The driver was reworked to run properly with the primary cr123
It still looks great too
sany5236yg6.jpg

sany5231th9.jpg

Anyone else like this newest version better?

All the details on this newest Gatlight can be found here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194758

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
It is truly a beautiful light. I got mine last Friday and I can't keep my hands off it. The rolex knob tailswitch turns easily, but not too easily. To the eye and feel, the increase from barely any light to very bright is stepless. I have never had a light that turns down to such a low low. I guess one of the things I like about the Titanium Gatlight is its feeling in my hand. Just does not feel like the typical flashlight. I think that the titanium bars help wick some of the heat away from the LE, moving the heat to your hand. Another feature is the substantial feel of the light. It certainly does not feel like a toy in my hand. The hex head screws shine like pieces of jewlery. This is certainly not a light that I am going to put away on a shelf to admire ever so often. It will be a light that is used regularly, and my hands will keep it polished.

Bill

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
What purpose do the titanium bars actually serve? Does it super protect the inner core of the light? It seems like it might make the light alot heavier? Also, whats the price tag on that bad boy?

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
What purpose do the titanium bars actually serve? Does it super protect the inner core of the light? It seems like it might make the light alot heavier? Also, whats the price tag on that bad boy?

Well, if you come into the gatlight story right from this point I can understand your view...but originally there was no cf tube inside of those bars, and the body of the light was the bars. Even without the bars, the tube is only epoxied on, so it isn't the most durable connection on its own.

The tube is pretty much for looks right Walter? I mean, it aids in adding more waterproofing, and maybe some heat sinking, but other than that was an aesthetic choice.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tube is carbon fiber. The bars actually conduct the electrical current. So one way to think about a Gatlight is it is an "inside-out" flashlight I guess.
Why the CF tube? I dunno, but it does make the light look pretty nice and definitely helps seal in the cell more than previous models.
I have a Gatlight from the first V3 run, Tuxedo and I love it.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say, the Gatlight has to be one of my absolute favorite lights of all time. The V3 with it's CF is the perfect blend of my 2 favorite construction materials. Plus the UI is perfect in my opinion.

It's a shame I never will be able to afford one. These lights look amazing.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have to say, the Gatlight has to be one of my absolute favorite lights of all time. The V3 with it's CF is the perfect blend of my 2 favorite construction materials. Plus the UI is perfect in my opinion.

It's a shame I never will be able to afford one. These lights look amazing.

I sold off a bunch of decent flashlight gear to buy my Titanium Gatlight. It was not something I could buy using our family budgeted money.

Bill.

Hellbore

Enlightened
The tube is carbon fiber. The bars actually conduct the electrical current. So one way to think about a Gatlight is it is an "inside-out" flashlight I guess.

Every flashlight I own conducts the electrical current through the metal body tube of the light, so by that logic, aren't the majority of lights "inside-out" flashlights? lol...

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every flashlight I own conducts the electrical current through the metal body tube of the light, so by that logic, aren't the majority of lights "inside-out" flashlights? lol...

LOL :D
Beat me to the punch...

I was just about to write the same thing when i saw your post.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are other lights that don't use the body as a conductive path (LF5XT, Novatac, Nitecore SmartPD's...) but that isn't the point here. The point is, MOST lights DO.

It's the lights that don't that are in minority, not the other way around.