SureFire Inflation

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I'm not too sure why but SureFire products are going to be a lot more expensive than they are already. The E1B is going to be $149. The E2DL is going to be $149 as well. (I don't know why but E2DL seems like a better deal at $149 compared to the E1B). There are a ton of price changes effective as of July 2008. As soon as most retailers finish their current stock of SureFire items they will have to reorder them at the new prices SureFire will be selling them at, aka pass the "savings" onto us. As for how I obtained this information, its on a need to know basis. GET YOUR E1Bs and E2DLs while you still can for the "cheaper" prices. (Get the SureFires you've been considering purchasing for a while before they become more expensive) :(

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Picking my E1B and E2DL up day after tomorrow. Glad I'm getting in under the wire!

Everything else has gone up, so I'm not all that surprised.

H2Orower

Enlightened
I'm not too sure why but SureFire products are going to be a lot more expensive than they are already. The E1B is going to be $149. The E2DL is going to be $149 as well. (I don't know why but E2DL seems like a better deal at $149 compared to the E1B). There are a ton of price changes effective as of July 2008. As soon as most retailers finish their current stock of SureFire items they will have to reorder them at the new prices SureFire will be selling them at, aka pass the "savings" onto us. As for how I obtained this information, its on a need to know basis. GET YOUR E1Bs and E2DLs while you still can for the "cheaper" prices. (Get the SureFires you've been considering purchasing for a while before they become more expensive) :(

That's correct. I remember reading about this increase a couple months ago here on CPF.

Here's the post: Click Me! and look at Post #13

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this going to affect the older incans or just the newer LEDs? I wanted to get another incan C2 p60 host in the next few months...

Thanks!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick response - hmm, that enough of a difference to cover shipping or batteries... :shakehead

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
What is the reasoning for the price increases?

Anything specific? Or a usual practice for Surefire?

(no need for economics lesson, I'm in finance :()

Would other flashlight companies also put their price increases?

I better get my E2DL quickly!!!

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
l2icel3all, dude are you working for SureFire? How could you possible know that info? You mite have got your second hand info off a retailer who assumes these changes will take place. Unless you heard it from the horse's mouth (SF) I reckon its all hearsay. If somehow the prices do go up, I don't think SF will be to happy, major loss of earnings.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember a similar tread years ago when SF did the first price hike, it was at first rumors but they were "right on the money", I think there is some truth to what he is saying.

The good thing today is that we now have very competitive choices with all the new manufacturers that have joined CPF lately.

Vote with your wallet, IMO

AlexGT