Inova T4, A-Series Battery

Confederate

Enlightened
A few years ago I bought one of these great lights and it's still going strong. Even the batteries on two of the family units seem as long-lived as ever. But every time I searched for a battery, the disclaimer: "Will not work with serial numbers beginning with A" appeared at the bottom.

Then I tried a 18650 battery in it and it worked. Charged up just fine and I've had no problems. I just wondered if the 18650 battery would work in a later T4. Has anyone tried it? Inova wants about sixty bucks for a rechargeable battery, which is incredible. The build of these lights are phenomenal and it would be quite a bargain if a cheap rechargeable worked.

Thanks!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Non-TIROS T4's use a battery that has both terminals on the same end.

A Streamlight Strion battery will work in these lights that do not have the TIROS optical system.

-dan

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the battery you're looking for for an older T4: http://www.batteryjunction.com/old-t4-bo-2006-t4-battery.html

Basically the replacement battery is an 18650 with a PCB in a plastic casing.

Hope this is OK with the moderators...

Neither the cell I linked nor a standard 18650 will work in the newer lights - as dano points out both contacts are on the same side on the newer style, non TIROS, lights.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
As i understand it from talking with someone at the company it is an 18650 battery, it just has a special housing on it. I dont know how easy it would be to make the housing or reuse an old one though.