SureFire M6 - No Words to Describe It

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
For those of you, like me, who are fortuneate enough to have an M6, you know what I'm talking about. I just played in the backyard for 10 or 15 minutes with my M6. No particular reason.... just felt like shining it all over. There is absolutely nothing, in its size and weight class, that compares to this thing. I continue to be amazed every time I fire that bad-boy up. Feel the power..... of the massive wall of light that appears as you press the button.

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
I just used mine to illuminate the area I was mig welding on my trucks spring hanger on the frame. Just B4 the arc starts the bead of weld, you need a bright light to see through the welding hats dark lens to find the right spot to start.

This is a great camping lite too for those INTENSE times!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you guys have a Tigerlight? I've heard some detailed reviews and comparisons between the two lights, but i'd like to hear them again.

I ask because the Tigerlight is probably the only flashlight that i can afford that can output that much light in such a small package. I would definately buy an M6 if i could, but right now, it's like buying a Ferrari but not having the money to pay for it's gas....even if the cost of batteries have dropped significantly.

Anyway...thanks for making my jealous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ninja, you need an auto-darkening hat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just to hijack this for a moment, have you ever used one of the aluminum welding jigs for a mig welder? I've heard that they generaly dont work well and jam up. Unfortunately most of what I want to weld in aluminum so I'm just starting to research this stuff.

paulr

Flashaholic
The M6 is a tactical light and for other purposes the 10X Dominator is probably more practical and just as bright. It just doesn't seem anywhere near as cool. It feels more like something built out of vacuum cleaner parts. But it works very well.

lighthead

Newly Enlightened
I've said it many times ---- The M6 Rocks ! For the money It just can't be beat. Get Ya one and you'll see what all the Fuss is about . Outstanding Value and BRIGHT !

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
M6 - yum yum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Someday - maybe soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M6 is somewhere on its way from the warm pacific islands of Hawaii. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. If it had been from somewhere closer, I could have sprung for FedEx but the overnight charges from Hawaii are big $$.

I can't wait...

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Ahhhhh yes.... someday... someday...

I like the SF Dominator very much -- I replaced the 60lu lamp with a 110lu lamp, and I have to say that it's one heck of a performer. But in the end, I still desire a SureFire M6.

-Jim

Aha! So you're the one who lucked out on that B/S/T! Good job Beretta... timing is everything.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's neat is that it's so deceptive. Has the profile of a 2D. I like surprise value in a flashlight.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Paul_W said:
What's neat is that it's so deceptive. Has the profile of a 2D. I like surprise value in a flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably one of the better descriptions I've read for the SFM6. I agree...

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my M6 next to my TL. Of course, I love my M6...but I use TL more often because it's rechargable. hehe. But for showing off, I always bust out the M6, baby!

fcb55d9f.jpg

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I miss my M6, maybe it's time to start saving for another one!

The M6 w/MN21 puts out more light than the Tigerlight but I like my Tigerlight because it's rechargeable and it's not so expensive to replace.

The M6 is just more fun and impressive!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sean...you've got to get another M6! I'm shocked that you got rid of it in the first place!

Paul W...You should just get it now. That way, you'll be able to enjoy it sooner! No point in delaying the inevitable. And in case you were wondering, I got mine at www.tacticalwarehouse.com

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 10X is great (especially with the 60 lumen lamp replaced with a 110 lumen lamp)...

But the M6 really rocks!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I wonder if there's a way to set up the M6 with three of the Pila (Wolf-Eyes) 3.6V lithium ion rechargable batteries. The voltage would be HIGHER than the normal M6 pack (which two parallel sets of three 123's, for 9 volts total). Runtime would be lower and lamp life might be as well. You might want to stick in a series diode or two to drop the extra voltage.

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/Wolf-Eyes/lrb6akit.htm

bwcaw

Enlightened
Oh yeah! The M6 is worth it's weight in gold! It will kick any flashlight of comparable size into the trash can! I love mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It is the coolest light that you can buy period! Mine now has some battle scars from a run in with the pavement (the pavement lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) It kinda ruined my day to see my precious M6 falling in slow motion to the asphalt. It still works like the day I bought it though.

And you guys who are waiting: DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! Buy one now! I had mine sent next day air, and it still took too long! I can't believe that I actually lived witout one of these for so long. It is absolutely phenomenal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
hmmmmmmmmm , I had the m6 and was very unimpressed. I kept getting this "is this all?" feeling. I mean yeah It's bright but just how useful is it? My streamlight US is superior to the M6 in most areas and in the areas it isnt it at least doesn't fall too far behind. I use my US at least every day for everything from the mundane to the "whats that noise?!". Can't say the same for the m6 can ya? I could go like this all day but lets face it- You don't need a m6 for its performance most of the time. You just want it to brag about. Its alright- I was there too.

I dont need the hype- it makes me want to vomit. I refuse to submit to a light- it needs to submit to me. I am most at home with the lights that do their job well then ,when dismissed, cause no further trouble. I hate lights like the M6 E1e E2e TheNewARCLSwiththesillybuttenontheend A2 E2o etc.
I geuss I have finally found what works for me and cant understand why I'm the only one.