38 led 1D mod maglite on Ebay and 5w red splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes...it's possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the 5w looks very nice...the user even registered here, but i haven't seen him much.
it uses frean optics, which provide better light output. that is the 6 degree optic.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a pretty cool light. That should be about as much light as three luxeons, but with no reasonable amount of throw.
I bet it doesn't run long on one D cell. Most likely a 8-9 Ah NiMH.

25 mA X 36 LEDs = 0.9 amp
- power consumed by the regulator

Does 45 minutes seem like a good guess?

I like that short D cell mag. That would be a good host for an EverLED, with a 3-to-D AA adapter.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent tnc a question a while ago. The 5W LS Stars are U2TW rated. I told him I'd like to buy one of his units when he got his hands on some V3's or better.

His response was courteous, and the light sure looks interesting.

He also said he'd be coming out with a 3 * Li-ion version with Li-Ions he'll market.

His lights use simple resistors for overcurrent protection.

fluorescent

Enlightened
here is a picture of my 5 watt orange black splash - I think it's great!

5wls7.jpg

more pics at http://jeff.homestead.com/ledlights.html

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, how about some info on the light, how long you've had it , any technical info you can come up with as well as any comparisons you might have made with other lights , beam quality or anything you can think of and would like to share with us.
thanks,

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
certainly looks nice!

is the head solid? there looks like a lot of extra room in the head.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Is it waterproof - enough to go down the toliet or fishtank and come up dry inside? Or will it go blub blub blub and emit bubbles all the way down like the Prinsendam did? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It's a great looking flashlight, but I'd hate to have it croak on me after drowning it in the toliet.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the red looked nice. Orange!! Wow I love the way that looks. I wonder how the anodizing works that way?? A recharable 5w would be awesome in that size...

It doesn't look water resistant due to the way the switch is sticking out. Looks like a rocker switch.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised he didn't just put a 1W HD in that 1D mag, and stick 4AA batteries in it. That would give it some real throw, as well as some focusability.

I would like to see this kind of light from one of the modders on this forum. Or at least if someone would just machine them down to 1D size, we could do the rest ourselves.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If that 5W light is as bright as my Space Needle 2, I ought to snag it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
O o, looks like I'm too late - it ended last night with Buy It Now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
oh well falcon, you can be the guinni pig when other lights come out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

did someone from cpf win the auction?

Shark

Enlightened
Just received my red splash today. Very high quality the pictures just do not bring out the beauty of these flashlights just had to have one for my collection, you know how it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif it's not as bright as my blaster VI with the 2 ohm resistor but it is plenty bright believe me. I use all of my flashlights but I dont think I will be using this one in the garage working on the car the finnish is just too pretty to risk wrecking. I most certainly will use it when my wife and I take our nightly walks. I see TNC products has two more on ebay blue spash and green splash like I said though the pictures don't do these flashlights justice. And you all were wondering if someone on CPF got it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
Bill

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that orange and black one is a Halloweeny trick-or-treating light for sure!
"What do you mean, you don't give out candy?!" FLASH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

It is a good looking light, but I'm not keen on the switch.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered the last red splash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hope I'll be getting within next couple weeks.
Later if I get my hands on those new 5w emitters I'll replace it.
BTW Chris (tnc) said soon the rechargable modules will be available, I'm planing to get one too.

Shark

Enlightened
Uh oh the blue splash disappeared I wonder who got that one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just bought the green Splash. Very nice looking flashlight!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
He's got a blue Splash, but it's a 1-watter, not the 5 watts the green, orange, and red Splashes are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Guess I better stock up on CR123 batteries, since these 5-watters are HUNGRY!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.