Nitecore Extreme head BULKY?

litetube

Enlightened
Can anyone enlighten me as to if the Nitecore Extreme head is as bulky and oversized as it appears? I am considering getting one and moving the head to another 1cell body but it looks HUGE!!! is it bigger than say a SF E1b? anyone have pics of it next to a SF E1b?:confused: With those cooling fins maybe it is an optical illusion (dont really care for the fins but...)

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Not at all. Here's mine in the middle of some other lights (3rd one standing from the left). Note it does not appear as bulky in relation to its body as the surefire heads next to it.

Flashlights.jpg

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another picture for you:

cimg1119ave4.jpg

Really there's not much difference between the two although the Backup's surface is smoother and fits better into a pocket.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup i had one, its a lot smaller in the hand than pictures would lead you to think, i lost it within 2 weeks of owning it, really want it back:sigh:

litetube

Enlightened
Thanx for the second representative pic Kilovolt!!

These help alot. The Extreme head is def. a little bit narrower but I just can get to liking the looks of it with those damn fins and the huge prongs on the bezel. It is just too aggressive and too much going on in appearance as compared to the E1B head which is smooth and rounded and very clean looking. This head would be going on a McGizmo Ti Mclicky 1 cell body and I keep thinking that extreme head is gonna look silly on it.
The NC has way more functions and is Briter and I dont particularly like the spotlight beam of the SF but that NC is just butt ugly to me.:shrug: