SF e1e vs. 3P vs. SF led

fasteddie

Enlightened
I have a SF 3P (and 6P for that matter) that I like a lot. I'm considering getting and e1e and also wondering if I should wait to see what SF does in a small LED light in the future. Do any of you esteemed luminologists have any opinions you'd like to share comparing the e1 or e1e to the 3P. Info about any upcoming SF led torches is also appreciated.

Brock

Flashaholic
If they are going to use a Luxeon 1watt it should be very close to the E1(e) or even 3P. But the beam is spread out more on the Luxeon. So my guess is it would be like have a E1e with a beam shaper and a lamp that will never blow. Oh and I think the Surefire version will have regulation, so it won't dim as time goes on. But the big question is how much will it cost and when?

I guess if you like a flashlight with a tight beam the E1e will be the way to go, but we really don't know for sure.

K-T

*Moderator*
The E1(e) produces a whiter and more intense beam compared to the 3P even though the 3P has nearly twice the output. While the 3P was very nice and the way to go when nothing smaller was available, now the E1(e) is the smallest light. Even though on paper the output seems low the combination of output and runtime is very interesting (not to forget size).

You will be sceptical when you hold the E1(e) in your hand and see that tiny reflector and bulb but you will be impressed at the beam shape, color and output of that little worm after switching it on.

Brock already said everything about the SF-LED options that will eventually hit the market some time - hopefully soon!
shocked.gif

Klaus.

DonL

Enlightened
A good option would be to get the E1e and the KL-1 LED bezel. That adds more versatility to the E-series platform, and that's the route I'm taking when the KL-1 comes out. My E1e needs a new toy of its own.
smile.gif