HA chips on my ex10

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
there are 3 or 4 very small places in the valleys of the knurling on the head of my ex10 where im assuming the hard anodizing has chipped off? although im not sure how. i havent really used it. are there any ways to fix this? or, not necessarily fix, but modify? is there a way to remove the black finish on only the upper knurling ring to give a silver look? or is that more trouble than its worth? suggestions?

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA chipping on new lights does happen. If you want to remove the HA mask (not masking tape, need waterproof) the rest of light well then spray oven cleaner on it, this dissolve the HA and you can later polish it to mirror shine. Although I wouldn't do it because it's a pain in the butt, especially you are not doing the whole light.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup all lights with HA will chip or scratch. Just beauty marks from its usefulness to you. :)

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Yeah if you are EDCing it then you should expect to have some marks. When I got my first surefire(e2e) and starting EDCing it after a few weeks I saw a little wear! At the time I wanted to return it but now I actually like it, gives the light a nice "used" look the way a EDC light should look.