Nitecore Golden Dragon Plus arrival thread

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My GDP arrived today :party: Warranty card says NCD 10 BUS 01477.
Output appears to be the same as my L1D Q5. Can`t make any other comments as it`s a bright sunny day out.

Last edited:

rocled

Newly Enlightened
D10 Golden Dragon Plus

Just got my D10 GD+ today and noticed it has quite the "buzz" on MAX. Anyone else experience this? Right now I am running it on a standard duracell.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D10 Golden Dragon Plus

Don`t hear one on mine...my ears aren`t the best so...

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened

Just got mine today. It lights brightly for 10 seconds then shuts off with fully charged AW 14500's but runs fine using Reg. AA. New batteries and charger. Aw-139 charger.

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived...#01335
Only runs on 1.5v reg aa. Shuts off after 10 seconds on new AW 14500's.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, maybe some overvolt protection... Can you run the batt down a tad...try again.

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened
I used the Reg AA to set the memory to low and then put in the 14500. works fine on any setting but high. Leave the light on high and it shuts off and the head is warmer than you would think for 10 seconds of light.
It will not run at high setting so far on the 14500's. I am running light at 1/3 speed now and will try again in later. It's like I'm troubleshooting my PC!!!!

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened
Badbeams3...does your d-10 flicker when your ramping the lamp up or down?

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened
new batteries and charger. I confirmed w/shipper that batteries were charged at shipping and i topped off before using. Charger was used to charge AW rcr123's successfully.

manoloco

Enlightened
have you tried the 14500 on another flashlight?, maybe its something in the battery that is going on.

if not, contact 4sevens, he should be able to help you.

thefish

Enlightened
Just got mine NCD10 01464 looks really nice so far, brightness between my old QIII running a LiIon R123 and my VB-16 running an 18650.

Badbeams3...does your d-10 flicker when your
ramping the lamp up or down?

Mine flickers when ramping up and down.

Does anyone else notice a high pitch noise when the light is on the highest setting (click - hold).

P.S.
All my comments about the D10 GDP are running a fresh Kodak Pre-charged NiMH cell.

Last edited:

rocled

Newly Enlightened
My D10 on a regular battery makes a horrible buzz at max. On the 14500, there is no buzz at max. On max the light reaches 106 degrees at 2 minutes.:thinking:

thefish

Enlightened
My D10 on a regular battery makes a horrible buzz at max. On the 14500, there is no buzz at max. On max the light reaches 106 degrees at 2 minutes.:thinking:

Mine is about 107F after being on 15 minutes with a NiMh cell (measured with my Cen-Tech Non-Contact Thermometer), its 86F in my room.

Last edited:

thefish

Enlightened

Mine has the buzz also when running NiMh and the battery is fresh, after about 40 min of use it goes away. I have not yet tried a standard Duracell.

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened
have you tried the 14500 on another flashlight?, maybe its something in the battery that is going on.

if not, contact 4sevens, he should be able to help you.

It would have to be the charger because it is happening to both of the new AW's I got but they came charged and have not been on the charger for more than 5 minutes. I would find it hard to believe that i received 2 bad batteries on the same order but stranger things have happened.
4sevens contacted....

macosxfiles

Newly Enlightened
I received mine today as well. Haven't had time to really evaluate, but it sure seems awesome to me.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would have to be the charger because it is happening to both of the new AW's I got but they came charged and have not been on the charger for more than 5 minutes. I would find it hard to believe that i received 2 bad batteries on the same order but stranger things have happened.
4sevens contacted....

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage of your 14500's with?

Mostlarge

Newly Enlightened
Just bought one and all batteries tested at over 3.7v. All were right at 4.12v.
It is my understanding that most AW's will charge to about this level. Correct?
I'm not happy with the PD switch anyways. I will send back once I hear back from 4sevens. Switching over to NDI-GDP.