KX2C rechargeables ok?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
My 1st gen Kx2 head runs fine on 1 18650 cell, and on 1 17650 cell with the stock tube. Now I wonder what this head will do on these cells?
Lower output, or the same? Not that I can afford it right now, just looking towards future purchase. Maybe my honey will get me one for christmas!

If this has already been covered I appologize!

Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased the KX2C head a couple of days ago for my E2e. It seems the same as the head on the E2DL without the double mode or the teeth. Just what I was hoping for. I have been running mine on two AW RCR123's with no problems so far. If it's brighter than two primaries it is almost unnoticeable.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Thanks for the reply, that sounds like there is a buck in there at least.
Hopefully it's got a buck/boost in there like my 1st gen KX1, but I can't ask somebody to shell out 135 bucks as a gift and not be 100% sure it will work for me ahead of time.
I am almost willing to bet that all they changed from what I already have is the drive level.

:popcorn: I will eat popcorn while I wait for the confirmation.

Last edited:

MSI

Enlightened
I have measured the current when running it on an 18650 cell, and it was driven much lower than when running on 2 x CR123 cells. The E2DL head had the same behavior. I think I measured the dual mode KX2 head as well and it had the same behavior, but I have to verify this.
The KX2C/E2DL is similar in output to the KX2 dual mode head when running on one Li-Ion.
They are definitely not buck/boost!